• Register
  • Help

Topic: Legend of Erthia - Armageddon (Main Theme Arranged)

Share/Bookmark

Legend of Erthia - Armageddon (Main Theme Arranged)

Here is the final trailer of my project, "Legend of Erthia - Armageddon," my Might and Magic inspired game project before I convert the code to a new engine (from RPG Maker VX to RPG MAKER ACE). The music in the video is a new arrangement to the main theme of LOE - Armageddon which I composed for this video.

Libraries Used:
    - Shevannai, the Voice of Elves (Best Service)
    - Garritan Instant Orchestra
    - Vienna Special Edition Strings
    - EWQLSO Silver Edition
    - Drumcorps (Soundiron)
    - Micro Choir (Soundiron)

Re: Legend of Erthia - Armageddon (Main Theme Arranged)

Sounds grand, Richard - Rich!

Something about the drums seems a off. It sounds like they're maxed out maybe, going into the red? Or it's just the nature of the samples - sounds to me more like wooden twigs being broken, and the rolls seem unnatural. Could all be just how this Drumcorps from Soundiron sounds--?

Randy

Hey Randy, Thanks for the listen! The sound of the instruments are natural, the velocity levels may be too high in the random setup. The rolls might be off, i did use the special urpiggator thing which helps in humanizing the beats. I am not sure what each instrument is called lol, not familiar with percussion at all. Using percussion like this is very new to me. I only started using it since I started my Dramatic War - Salvation Project

Regards,

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by sururick View Post
    ...The rolls might be off, i did use the special urpiggator thing which helps in humanizing the beats. I am not sure what each instrument is called lol, not familiar with percussion at all...
    Hi, Richard - Well, it sounds like some variety of a snare drum. At least in this mix, it doesn't sound natural to me, really brittle, too many highs in it. But buddy - you're using a keyboard now. PLAY your rolls, don't rely on an arpeggiator - that will always sound artificial. If you can't play them fast enough, it doesn't matter. Record the clip, then use Sonar's Length control to make the MIDI clip shorter/faster.

Randy

Go Back to forum