• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: garittan vs sonic string implants?

Share/Bookmark

garittan vs sonic string implants?

does anyone have any good OBJECTIVE feedback as to the pros and cons of GOS vs sonic symphocnic strings ??

thanks

Re: garittan vs sonic string implants?

Want some dramatic strings, get Kirk Hunter. *shiver* I\'ve just about used all sustains for that.

I agree with everything Sharmy said.

Even using more SI up to about a week or so ago. They just \"work\" really well, but I still hit GOS for certain articulations and when SI doesn\'t fit.

The reason I say a week or so ago, is because I\'m working on a GOS update so obviously there\'s been a lot of GOS usage [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

BTW SI still has my favorite sul ponti string sound. And my favorite bass section sound. GOS has the primo Violin sound in the GR detache\'s, and possibly another great sustain sound in the updates I\'m doing (it\'ll be up to the users to decide that)

I\'m awaiting VSL and QLSO to see. IMO I think VSL will be the best choice since you can buy just the strings package and it will come with a bunch of features that neither SI or GOS will have. Still we\'ll ahve to wait and see.

If I had to choose betweeen SI and GOS and had to buy this moment. I\'d buy SI. that *might* change with the next GOS update.

cool thatnks for the input looks like i\'ll be swipping cards on both more then likley

When will VSL be released?

end of this month/early next I believe

Originally posted by KingIdiot:
    I\'m awaiting VSL and QLSO to see. IMO I think VSL will be the best choice since you can buy just the strings package
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">The sections of the East West/Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra (Strings, Woodwinds, Brass and Percussion) will be released individually, with a discount for the set.

More details soon ....

Doug Rogers
    EASTWEST

well there you go, now its back to being up in the air...

thaaaannnx doug! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Originally posted by KingIdiot:
    well there you go, now its back to being up in the air...

thaaaannnx doug! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I\'m totally confident composers will want the complete set when they hear all of the instruments together.

The beauty of this library (apart from Prof. Keith O. Johnson\'s recording) is it\'s cohesive, dynamic sound, since all of the instruments and sections were recorded in the same large concert hall.

As someone else said in this forum previously, that is familiar with Keith\'s recordings - they are like \"champagne for the ears\"!

Btw, any serious composers that wish to preview the library at the 2003 NAMM convention (January 16-19), please contact me privately to make arrangements.

Take care,

Doug Rogers
    EASTWEST

Hi Doug,

Is that the Keith Johnson from Reference Recordings?

Thanks.
    JW.

Go Back to forum