• Register
  • Help

Topic: 60's and 70's drumkits

Share/Bookmark

60\'s and 70\'s drumkits

Hi All,

I wonder if anybody can help me with finding drumkits of the above mentioned sixties and seventies type. I am definitely not interested in loops, I want to program them myself. Preferably lots of different kits with preferably lots of the real dry sounds from the era.

They do not necessarily have to be in Giga format but I do prefer it.

Thanks in advance,

RobA

Re: 60\'s and 70\'s drumkits

Sonic Reality\'s Interactive Drum Kits & Snares has a really nice \'60s Ludwig kit, as well as Gretsch, Pearl, DW, Yamaha etc.

I have an Akai format CD, I don\'t think there is a giga version.

Originally posted by Oliver Vessey:
    Sonic Reality\'s Interactive Drum Kits & Snares has a really nice \'60s Ludwig kit, as well as Gretsch, Pearl, DW, Yamaha etc.

I have an Akai format CD, I don\'t think there is a giga version.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Agreed, this is a great library and it\'s a pity it hasn\'t made it to Giga. I tried converting the EOS version with Translator but the results were useless [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

It probably covers the early to mid 60s better than the 70s as the samples are quite lively. I always think of 70s drum sounds as being very dry and highly damped. No one seems to have done that yet AFAIK

some of the most realistic sounds i got (i am a former drummer) is a wav disk made by i think it is called two guy productions in la - do a google search. theyy have roto toms old snares & toms etc
    mike

Go Back to forum