• Register
  • Help

Topic: "Remembrances"

Share/Bookmark

"Remembrances"

All,

This is one of my orchestral works, "Remembrances".

Regards to everyone.

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: "Remembrances"

An elegant piece, Larry, and one worthy of being given the royal production treatment, as you've done with some newer pieces. I'm wondering what that rather odd, metallic sound is at around 0:51--?

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    An elegant piece, Larry, and one worthy of being given the royal production treatment, as you've done with some newer pieces. I'm wondering what that rather odd, metallic sound is at around 0:51--?

Randy
    It is a section of muted brass instruments. The mutes are metal and are common in small jazz groups and big jazz bands also.

Thanks for your input, as always.

Best,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Well, I understand what mutes are, Larry, and that was my only guess about that section at :51- it just sounds so strange that I thought maybe it was something else. I think it could be the reverb making it sound off, maybe some EQing that's distorting it, or something.

Sorry to get sidetracked away from the music itself. My main point is that this piece deserves one of your more sophisticated renderings, if your new computer is up to speed, which I'm sure it is.

Randy

I will give it a close listen and see if I can determine to what you are referring.

Larry

Edit: The measures to which you refer are muted brass playing at FF, nothing more...nothing less. Muted brass playing at this dynamic level tend to sound metallic, depending, of course, on what type of mute is being used.

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Smile Re: "Remembrances"

Hey Larry, appropriate title. I'm with Randy about the sound being inferior to the music (which is great). But we know, it's just a stupid computer playing, the spirit of the music keeps

Quote Originally Posted by Fabio View Post
    Hey Larry, appropriate title. I'm with Randy about the sound being inferior to the music (which is great). But we know, it's just a stupid computer playing, the spirit of the music keeps
    See my Italicized comment about the muted brass above in my reply to Randy B.

Thanks for listening and responding.

Best to you.

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum