• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Dollar is dropping in value

Share/Bookmark

Dollar is dropping in value

The dollar keep dropping compared to EURO.
    Today dollar versus Euro is 1:1.2756

A year ago it was 1:1

Re: Dollar is dropping in value

Originally posted by SCARBEE:

We are VERY sorry about this but we have taken a cut of 20% of income 1 whole year - we can\'t take more!
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">What percentage of your sales are USA customers? Is the Euro strong against all major currencies, or is it just the weak dollar that hurts you?

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Hey Scarbee, I feel your pain. My wife and I love to travel. The weak dollar is making travel more and more expensive. A nice rijstaffel in Amsterdam used to be about $100 for two, with wine. At current exchange rates, that\'s almost double.

People will have no idea what the Smirking Chimp and his brownshirts have done to the U.S. economy until he is long gone. It\'s a mixture of sad and hilarious to see people claiming the U.S. economy is in recovery, when our currency is starting to resemble PESOS world wide, and our deficit and national debt has been increased more in three years than in all history combined.

It is like getting a Platinum Visa and racking it up to $10,000. Great lifestyle for a couple of months, agonizing realizations of folly for the next ten years.

Originally posted by sporter:
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">What percentage of your sales are USA customers? Is the Euro strong against all major currencies, or is it just the weak dollar that hurts you? [/QB][/QUOTE]

US sales are 80-90% of all sales. Euro is mainly strong against US.

Originally posted by Bruce A. Richardson:
    Hey Scarbee, I feel your pain. My wife and I love to travel.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hey Bruce - only good thing is that my trip to NAMM will be very cheap [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I hope to see you there?

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

I wish I could. Up until about mid-December I planned to go, but this has been a rough year, and a nice film fell in my lap which changed my schedule pretty radically. Now I have to finish the one I\'m on by March, to start this one, so I can\'t take a week out.

I am totally bummed about it, but nothing to be done. The worst part is that I have been at a standstill the past week dealing with voiceover rewrites and re-edits!!

Not an economist, but I\'ve never seen such fiscal recklessness. Maybe (hopefully) we will see a soft landing from the low dollar, low interest rates? Nobody (press) does not seem concerned. Any predictions on where this risky behavior will land us.

Ya it sucks, but being a Canadian we\'ve seen these rise and fall of the Dollar constantly. Our Dollar has been low for geez at least a decade and with that has come alot of work from the U.S. I know many many films were done here because /hr fees in our rooms were almost 1/2 the cost then in the U.S. Mind you we\'ve been killed by sars, mad cow, etc. we\'re all feeling the affects my friend, we all are!!
    Crist our government has put a hold on Dog/Cat food, for my guys, from the State\'s.. What the hell do I feed em now eh??
    Later
    Bri [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

yesterday 1.27 today 1.28 $ for a € and rising...

I was in L.A. and Costa Rica in 2001 and my $1000 Australian became a paltry $480 U.S. I remember buying a scotch at San Jose airport, and as I sat down to drink it I realised it had cost me $14 Australian!! [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

It\'s actually good for us to travel to the states now as we\'re up to 76 cents in the U.S. Dollar. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum