• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT: FX Teleport Users

Share/Bookmark

OT: FX Teleport Users

Will I need a gigabit ethernet connection or will I be able to get low latency and remain in sync with a 10/100 connection?

Re: OT: FX Teleport Users

Hi,

Get a gigabit. GB cards arent that expensive. But yeah Max from FXT recommends Gigabit connections.

I have 2 and the latency could still be better.

What are the latency issues with FXT? Do I need to line up exported wav mixdowns with the other machines or is latency only an issue for live playing?

You dont need a gigabit card, it will jsut give you more throughput if you want to add many computers. A regular 100base-t Setup will do just fine with latency.

FXT adds whatever your ASIO latency is to the VST outputs (the reroute of audio to your sequencer)

You can compensate by adjusting the MIDI ticks in your sequencer via automatically calclated values in teh FXT window, or delay any audio tracks via the value. Its fairly similar to having audio routed back through hardware inputs.

I believe he\'s working on multiple options to improve latency, including Automatic delay compensation support (tho I\'m not sure)

it depends which sequencer you have.

cubase sx has automatic latency compensation and when i do a mixdown there is everthing on it`s place...on other sequencers i dunno

i have also 100 m/bit and it works fine.

Thanks for the input. What I am trying to do is create the option of integrating my laptop (Pentium IV 3.0 Ghz, primarily for studio business use) into my current recording setup (Giga PC routed via ADAT into Digital Performer on my Mac).

As I expand the number of my Giga PCs, it sounds like I might need to move to a Gigabit connection. Any options for laptops -- PMCIA cards, etc?

Go Back to forum