• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: update on whats been going on with the guitar lib

Share/Bookmark

update on whats been going on with the guitar lib

A few months ago when Thor (I believe it was him) announced he was doing a library, I decided to put the lib I was doing on the back burner. Also chadwick mentioned the \"acid\" lib he wanted to do, which was pretty similar to some of the idea I had with mine.

However I am still planning on distributing a free distorted (dual mono/two samples) gig. Forte samples only and not super long sustains. Just some palm mute 5ths and single notes, and a couple of \"standard\" 5ths and singles, with some extra noises

I\'m finishing up some edits for GOS, then a couple of things for another developer or two. Then I can put together a simple gig of my seven string for you guys. that have been waiting (read: \"Munsie\" [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ).

Re: update on whats been going on with the guitar lib

Seven string?? Hey King, put me down for a copy.
    I\'m an acoustic guitarist that owns an electric and a POD but I think, realistically, I\'ll have to go with samples. So far I\'m using a \"Garcia\" soundfont for electric distortion sounds. Don\'t laugh. Beats what I can do live.

Carl

I\'ll take one too.

Originally posted by KingIdiot:
    A few months ago when Thor (I believe it was him) announced he was doing a library, I decided to put the lib I was doing on the back burner. Also chadwick mentioned the \"acid\" lib he wanted to do, which was pretty similar to some of the idea I had with mine.

However I am still planning on distributing a free distorted (dual mono/two samples) gig. Forte samples only and not super long sustains. Just some palm mute 5ths and single notes, and a couple of \"standard\" 5ths and singles, with some extra noises

I\'m finishing up some edits for GOS, then a couple of things for another developer or two. Then I can put together a simple gig of my seven string for you guys. that have been waiting (read: \"Munsie\" [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ).
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hi KingIdiot
    Put me in these one too!!!
    Jose Pereira

Hail the King! If it wasn\'t for the fact that I sometimes scan previous topics I never would have seen this post! (Recovering from emergency Gallbladder removal.)

PLEASE keep us informed King and thank you for your time in putting together anything electric guitar related! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

oooohhh Gallbladder.....fun!!!

hope everythings ok.

I\'ll definitely keep you up on it, and prolly get it to you first [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Hello Mr. King,

I hope you don\'t mind me bumping up your Guitar thread. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] How\'s it coming along?

Wow! Talk about missed threads! Munsie, hope you\'re all recovered.

Dasher

no prob Munz, backed up, because I started adding too much to this GOS update. Its actuall using some ideas I\'d been toying with for the guitar lib I wanted to do without distortion. Its been a great experiment phase. Thats finally almost done.

Then I\'ve got some demos to do for VSL. Then I\'ll spend a day jsut sampling the guitar. ake some quick usable patches.

Hey Dasher,

Yepper, the stones were caused by my massive \"sugar busters\" type diet. I had no idea getting rid of sugar would cause the stones to build up. ouch... all recovered now though! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

King,

No problem, keep us (me!) posted. Thanks again for considering the project. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum