• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Zimmer sues Rifkin

Share/Bookmark

Re: Zimmer sues Rifkin

The music business book of rules:

1. Never do business with your friends.
    2. Get a lawyer BEFORE you get and an agent (if possible).
    3. Get everything in writing.
    4. Always get your money upfront.
    5. Never do business with your friends.

I write from painful personal experience.

Heath

You could tell Zimmer\'s lawsuit was created by a Hollywood screenwriter wanna-be...oh, the drama! Oh, the greed! The lying, the backstabbing, even a mistress thrown in for good measure...what heinous acts doth thee wreak upon mine beaten yet incredibly talented breastesses?!?!

I wonder if they had Hans do an underscore for the lawsuit while the defense attorney was reading it to the jury...
    -Hudson

Then the couple broke-up [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img] !!!

Let´s see how Zimmer´s music will change!!!

Rule 1 of lawsuits:

The moment you decide to sue someone, be prepared to be sued right back.

\"...This case exemplifies the age old and unfortunately often repeated Hollywood story -- a brilliant, creative artist gives his blind faith and trust to a supposed \'friend\' whom the... \" -Zimmer

I dont know about any of you guys, but I would never describe myself as \"a brilliant, creative artist\" even if I was one!

Ed

Hi Ed,

I don\'t think that Zimmer necessarily said that or wrote it. From the article, it was written into the lawsuit. That would most likely be Zimmer\'s lawyer who wrote that IMHO.

FV

\"Never do business with your friends?! Who does that leave?\"

Customers that pay.

\"In the most \"heinous act\", Rifkin allegedly extorted huge sums from the young composers who worked at Media Ventures, charging them for the privilege of working with Zimmer, the lawsuit said.\"

I knew a young composer assistant working at MV, and after hearing some stories, I do not doubt the above happened, nor do I doubt MV and Zimmer were geting ripped off.

But from several of the stories we\'ve heard in here, Zimmer has these same composers working as ghost writers which is just as heinous as anything Rifkin did. So, we have Rifkin stealing their money, and Hans stealing their credit...if that\'s actually the case, I say the hell with \'em both. It\'s about time that old karma wheel kicked both of em in the arse with a steel toe boot.
    -Hudson

Go Back to forum