• Register
  • Help

Topic: Mac OSX 10.9 and GPO4

Share/Bookmark

Mac OSX 10.9 and GPO4

Hi Guys & Girls,

I've owned GPO4 for a couple of years or so, and just thought I'd be careful and enquire as to whether or not upgrading to OSX Mavericks (10.9) will disable my use or other things with GPO4 or not???

I've contacted the main site via twitter and facebook - to no avail. But thought you might know and have installed it first anyhow. Will I have any issues if I upgrade?

I haven't used it that much, but do plan on it very soon - and so probably will frequent the forum a lot more.

Thanks,
    Zane.

Lightbulb Re: Mac OSX 10.9 and GPO4

Quote Originally Posted by Dyslexicant View Post
    Hi Guys & Girls,

I've owned GPO4 for a couple of years or so, and just thought I'd be careful and enquire as to whether or not upgrading to OSX Mavericks (10.9) will disable my use or other things with GPO4 or not???

I've contacted the main site via twitter and facebook - to no avail. But thought you might know and have installed it first anyhow. Will I have any issues if I upgrade?

I haven't used it that much, but do plan on it very soon - and so probably will frequent the forum a lot more.

Thanks,
    Zane.
    I installed 10.9 on my MINI and to be honest it has several little stability/compatibility issues with old and also with new software, but not with ARIA. GPO4 seems to work without any particular issue, at least in my system.

Re: Mac OSX 10.9 and GPO4

Thanks for the reply.

I think I'm going to give it a go and hope for the best.

I've upgraded to Mavericks and I must say that, overall, I have a super-stable system! This includes working the latest versions of ARIA and Garritan libraries. I have one instrumental library that doesn't seem to play well with the upgrade to Mavericks. The stand alone version of PLAY doesn't work despite updating to its latest version. Interesting, PLAY will work within my sequencing program (Logic Pro 9), but not by itself. I don't use it much so it's no big deal for me. But ARIA and the instrumental libraries by Garritan? It's solid as a rock for me.
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

I have run into a few bugs with Mavericks. Local networking required going into advanced settings and selecting link-local only. I was pulling out my hair trying to get an ethernet connection between my iMac and my Mac Mini until I found a forum thread with the work-around. Also going back a forth using screen sharing via Target Display Mode over ThunderBolt causes windows to get jammed up in the left top corner of the screen. You then have to switch the screen resolution back and forth to bring the window back out of the corner. Clicking off the window or minimizing it prevents this issue.

I just installed OSX 10.9.2 so I'll see if these were fixed.

There was also a huge issue with several USB audio interfaces and the 2013 iMacs. I believe the problem was finally tracked down to Mavericks and the 2013 iMacs Intel Haswell i7 chip set.

Other than EW Play which I don't use much either all my sample hosts work fine including Aria.

Cool Re: Mac OSX 10.9 and GPO4

Ha ha Randy, I don't think it's a good alternative, what you proudly show

Tell it to people upgrading to Win 8 just to discover they are forced to enter long password and being continuously observed and tracked by the nasty statistic and marketing tools... (it was an exclusive of Apple before ahahaha).

Tell it to people getting the system almost frozen or killed by Win 8.1 upgrade...

Tell it to people still (wisely) using Win 7 and getting updates killing Skype...

Nobody is perfect, but Microsoft try to excell in underoptimal attitude
    (I'm joking, it's not their will, but they are facing the side effect of being leaders in powering the assembled and OEM hardware, no way to exit the loop)

In my personal case, the only reason why I use Win 7 systems instead of Mac, it's because it is cheap!!
    Mac hardware is irreasonably expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabio View Post
    ...Mac hardware is irreasonably expensive...
    That says it all for me, Fabio. The whole Mac/Apple world is completely out of my budget, but I don't feel left out. There has never been a Mac at this house, and I'll never get anything with a name that starts with "i." I am perfectly happy with my Windows machine, - and it's Windows 7 please! It's very unfortunate, this W8 monstrosity - I'll never go there.

Randy

Cool Re: Mac OSX 10.9 and GPO4

Words of wisdom Randy, words of wisdom.

( I'm neutral because: I get very nervous when I see everything in my Mac mini works better than equivalent in my PC. But I'm even more nervous when I see the weak CPU, RAM and HD compared to my PC... and they had almost the same price!!! )

finally to have a good laugh:
    installing VST and AU in a Mac is heaven... they all go authomatically in the same folder, no options, and apps find them immediately. Crazy PC has 32Bit and 64Bit folders everywhere... I find lot of outdated versions everywhere... so I'm foced to discipline, maintenance, remember what I do and why ahahahah

but... when it's time for disinstalling ahahahah the PC revenge. Just press uninstal and Windows do the rest. In a Mac there's no track of where what and why the apps saved in the system folder... and your previous dream turns into a nightmare... LOL

I wonder: Why Microsoft doesn't make the same simple audio management of Apple? Why Apple doesn't implement the same easy uninstall register of Windows???

patents? ahahaha I don't think so (they always infringe them...).... but maybe.

Go Back to forum