• Register
  • Help

Topic: A pop brass section at last!?!?!?!

Share/Bookmark

Re: A pop brass section at last!?!?!?!

K.A. Brass is okay -- but the samples are single instruments. The sample quality is excellent (a couple of dodgy notes, easily fixed) and the samples are better than most, but if you\'re looking for a full, EWF/Swing/monster horn section, there\'s one small prob: There\'s only one sax/trumpet/trombone in each sample. Therefore, you can\'t relly double them without getting a little phase-y. At least that\'s been my experience.

However, when paired with QL brass and some s-760 Roland library horns -- it doesn\'t fill out the section well.

Overall, a decent buy, but not a solve-all-horn-section-problems kind of disc.

Just my opinion.

- Stew

If I were you I would wait for other upcoming releases, because a price tag of 300 Pounds Sterling for just a disc with 450Mb of samples is simply ridiculous. The disc may be good, but surely it cannot be THAT good.

Thanks Stew and Jan!
    Stew, I have QLB, Dan dean brass, VR sound saxes and T-bone, Roland libraries, etc.etc and none of them really cover the pop brass section well, even combining them. But what is your opinion in the Trumpet an saxes timbre and range, are those better than the other libraries? Have you compared them?
    I´m aware that those are solo instruments (KAB) but in my experience, section samples of those instruments sound even less convincing than some solo instruments, well at least, if these solo instruments are good enough to be used over other libraries sections. What do you think?
    And about other libraries (QLB II and Dan Dean pop brass) I´m so tired waiting for those, and seems that they never show up any time soon.
    Thanks all for your help and excuse my bad english!
    Regards
    Jose Pereira

Dont mean to add another to your list, but I\'m planning on doing some pop/band brass recording soon. I was going to do some last year, but budget didn\'t allow. this year/next year looks better. In any case, if I dont do an actual library there\'ll be some free pop brass to dload.

I\'m shooting for a reasonable price, so the library may not be \"the biggest and baddest\" like I want it to be, but definitely usefull and programmed well.

I guess it all depends on how many people would be interested.

\"I guess it all depends on how many people would be interested.\"
    KingIdiot, I´m very, very, very interested!!!!
    If you put 2 solo trumpets, saxes (at least altos and tenors) and Trombones, I´m sure a bigband or whatever pop brass section could be done with frightning reallysm
    I´m in!!!!
    Keep us informed
    Good Luck
    Jose Pereira

Originally posted by KingIdiot:
    Dont mean to add another to your list, but I\'m planning on doing some pop/band brass recording soon. I was going to do some last year, but budget didn\'t allow. this year/next year looks better. In any case, if I dont do an actual library there\'ll be some free pop brass to dload.

I\'m shooting for a reasonable price, so the library may not be \"the biggest and baddest\" like I want it to be, but definitely usefull and programmed well.

I guess it all depends on how many people would be interested.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">KIng, count me interested. And PLEASE...can you figure out a way to give us some of the Chicago-style little bends? The pitch wheel sounds ridiculous.... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

And....please..some unison crescendos and sfzs....of different lengths....

Thanks for listening!

And count me in three, please King. I\'m adding BOB to the QLB for variety, but I don\'t think it\'ll resolve many of my issues.

Dasher

A pop brass section at last!?!?!?!

Hello People
    Any body knew about this library from UK: Kick-*** Brass (By the way, nice name)? I heard the demos and they sound very, very good. The price is high (299 pounds) but if somebody could give me a good impression, may be is what I was looking for. Shame isn´t in Giga format, but any way, I got EXS24 and a S5000
    Here´s the web site www.samples4.com
    Regards
    Jose Pereira

BTW I didn\'t mean to hijack this thread.

The kick *** brass sounds pretty good for a single CD lib. Are the sounds mono? Thats not really a prob IMO. They sound pretty good, but not too much better than what one could do with some carefull editing of phantom brass. and I actually like the solo tone of the vr sounds stuff better. Still this stuff seems to hold together well as a mock section.

Go Back to forum