• Register
  • Help

Topic: another place and time (classical guitar)

another place and time (classical guitar)

This is a very new piece that I finished a couple of days ago. It uses my favorite nylon string guitar library 'Ilya Efimov'.
    Please give it a listen. Thanks, Jay.

Re: another place and time (classical guitar)

It's a gentle, interesting piece, Jay, which has a very fresh feel to it - Not knowing what would come next, I gladly surrendered myself to the experience of just listening and enjoying. The guitars sound great.

I LOVE that guitar sound! It's been a while since I've listened to a nice classical guitar solo, and this didn't disappoint. Pity I don't have Kontakt, or I'd be saving for that guitar for sure.

Thanks for posting
    __________________________________________________ _________________
    My website: www.tunespace.net

Thanks for the listen Randy! I was finally able to get myself back into writing for classical guitar. It has been a while since I wrote something new. Just for the record, this can be, and is, being played by one guitar. I make very sure that it is playable for one instrument.

Hey Owen! Thanks for listening and commenting. I very much like the sound of a nylon string guitar and I think that the library that I used represents it very well.

Thanks to you both. Jay

Question Re: another place and time (classical guitar)

Hey, well done... how did you input the track? was it editing tempos or with some real time recording + editing?

Thanks Fabio! I created a midi file from notation software and then imported the midi file to Sonar. In Sonar, I edited the tempo, note accents, and overall dynamics. This technique, along with the great sounding library helps make a more realistic sound. Jay

Canada,winter Mexico

Hello Jay,
    Lovely piece, great sound. I admire your many-faceted talent, from jazz to this (other time), it is a delight to hear your work.

Hey Ted. Thanks for the listen and the nice words. I try to vary the types of things that I write just to keep my interest up. Thanks again. Jay

Hey Jay!

Nice piece here. The guitar sounds great. It is an upbeat tune! Thanks for the share!

Hey Richard! It is much appreciated that you took the time to listen and comment. Thank you for that. Jay

Go Back to forum