• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: New Demo feat. VOTA

New Demo feat. VOTA

Hi, here\'s my last composition, any comments are welcome.

Daniel Tejerina Zabala

Re: New Demo feat. VOTA

Era magnífico. ¡Yo lo amé! Wow....

Nice work Daniel. Give us some details on libraries used. And maybe a little description of the \'inspiration / cue\' you were writing to. Definitely hear a Howard Shore influence.

When the SD comes in towards the end I really wanted it to take off with a aysmetrical counter-point kind of feel. That\'s just me - you set it up well with the pads and swells - I really hear it taking off from there. Sounds good like it is - just my $.02.

Thanks for sharing.

Yes please tell me what strings you used!!! if its not GOS, tell me, anyone can I get the same results from GOS?

Thanks for the words, i really appreciate.

About the libraries...

Strings: Roland Symphonic Strings (XV-3080 Hardware module expansion Board) & Advanced Orchestra.
    Brass: Quantum Leap Brass & Advanced Orchestra.
    Woodwinds: Advanced Orchestra & Roland XV-3080.
    Percussion: Ultimate Orchestral Percussion
    Choral: Voices of Apocalypsis

(Excuse my lame english)

Cool composing......very Elfmanish... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Acctaualy you should be working with the band called \"Cradle of Filth\"....hehe
    They allways have intros that sound exactly like this. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Great stuff...

Originally posted by Rob Elliott:
    Definitely hear a Howard Shore influence.

<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hey Rob,

I find this very strange. I am fascinated with Shore\'s work for a very long time, so I was wondering what do you find \"Shore like\" in this piece, I can\'t hear a single thing that would be typical for Howard Shore?

Very nice piece. I enjoyed it very much.

-- Martin

The melodies has many parallels to the LOTR soundtrack - I think thats enuff on the influenced scale... Dont u?

Love - Chris

No, not to my ears at least, it sounds very Elfman like. I\'m just having the impression that lately ,unfortunatly, anything that has a soft choir in to loud choir thing, with thick orchestration and fff brass to back it up is typecasted as \"ohh that LOTR sound\"...

And it is normal for this kind of thing to come out from fans or critiques, but when it comes from composers it makes me sad...

Go Back to forum