• Register
  • Help

Topic: Will VOTA be released in Kontakt format?

Share/Bookmark

Re: Will VOTA be released in Kontakt format?

I would buy a Kontakt version or something with the Kompakt engine. I notice on soundsonline that VOTA is a special order. Perhaps that means they are changing the format?

All of us are waiting for the same thing [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] !!!

Nick???

Hi,

In the EastWest forum, Doug or Nick replied that they will be working on a new version of VOTA using a Kontakt-based engine and combining the VOTA Utility together. Search in there for the post. They also said that it would not be out before Q2 of 2004. That tells me that it will be awhile yet. I believe that they said there would be an upgrade path for existing VOTA users also.

They may add new samples but my understanding is that this version will be based on VOTA and not necessarily a completely 100% new library. Nick or Doug would be best to answer this one though.

Leaving VOTA as a special order only may help avoid having to clear out old stock if they have any left when the new version is announced.

FV

I think there will be a Kompakt instrument version of VotA in 2004. The question is how much new stuff to add? I am going to decide after NAMM. Regardless, there will be a very friendly upgrade path. The cool thing is that the original samples are 24 bit and so the new version will use these.

Originally posted by Nick Phoenix:
    I think there will be a Kompakt instrument version of VotA in 2004. The question is how much new stuff to add? I am going to decide after NAMM. Regardless, there will be a very friendly upgrade path. The cool thing is that the original samples are 24 bit and so the new version will use these.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">This is excactly what i needed to hear today! I would love for the utility to be integrated into a Kompakt engine. Thanks Nick, I`ll be your 1st upgrading customer! Peace, Rich

Will VOTA be released in Kontakt format?

Are there any plans to release VOTA (or a future new version) in Kontakt format? If so, will it be a couple of weeks, months, or sometime this year?

(just trying to decide if I should buy now and port)

Thanks.

Go Back to forum