• Register
  • Help

Topic: Exported wav from Sonar is quiet!

Share/Bookmark

Exported wav from Sonar is quiet!

For some reason the wavs that I export from Sonar 3 sound much quieter than what I hear inside of sonar. Has anyone else had a problem like this? It\'s really starting to make me mad because when I go into Soundforge to up the volume, it clips, but it doesn\'t clip in the mia midi console. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Re: Exported wav from Sonar is quiet!

nope there is some problem on your end!!!

Originally posted by greatzed:
    For some reason the wavs that I export from Sonar 3 sound much quieter than what I hear inside of sonar. Has anyone else had a problem like this? It\'s really starting to make me mad because when I go into Soundforge to up the volume, it clips, but it doesn\'t clip in the mia midi console. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I had a similar problem.. I didnt get any sound at all on my exported .wav files.. A re-install fixed it though and it still works..

Alright, thank you very much, guys!

Have you changed the volume or trimmed the levels on the audio tracks you exporting? This will affect the volume it exports at.

Greatzed,

what you need to do is to take each audio track in Sonar and -3db it in (in steps of) the Process prompt (make louder -3db) and observe the .wav graph to avoid it from clipping to high.

When you get an adequate graph, then you export it to wav out of Sonar..

Alan Russell

Go Back to forum