• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Brinsmead - Brahms Piano Concerto 2

Share/Bookmark

Brinsmead - Brahms Piano Concerto 2

Duncan Brinsmead sent me a new work: Brahms Piano Concerto 2, which uses my DD Solo Strings, Solo Brass and Solo Woodwinds. You can find it on my website: http://www.dandeanpro.com in the demo section under either the DD Solo Brass or DD Solo Woodwinds selections. Excellent job by Duncan.

DD

Re: Brinsmead - Brahms Piano Concerto 2

This is the best expression I\'ve ever heard on a piano solo that is MIDI based!! Dan, do you know what piano he used? Also, I\'d like to know how he performed his tempo changes.

Everything sounds good except for the string ensemble. They sound like synthetic strings, that\'s a big shame on such a marvellous work. The Piano is extraordinary good!!

Can\'t get the Brahms to work!

John Grant
    http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/42/john_lewis_grant.html

I think he did a great job too, especially with the piano, which I too would like to know what is [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thomas

BRILLIANT!
    Bravo

Michiel Post

Congratulations, very well done.

Best,
    Alberto

Originally posted by Luigi:
    Everything sounds good except for the string ensemble. They sound like synthetic strings, that\'s a big shame on such a marvellous work. The Piano is extraordinary good!!
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">If you realize that this \"string ensemble\" is built using the (very well sounding) Dan Dean Solo String Library, having only ONE velocity layer, then you got to admit that also the string ensemble in this demo is quite a serious achievement!

Duncan and Dan: impressive demo!

How are the string ensembles made then? Making string ensembles with solo strings won\'t sound as good as with string ensembles (violins, violas, celli and basses). But I understand that since there\'s no string ensembles version of Dan Dean, you have to create it with the solo strings.
    The Dan Dean solo strings are by the way extraordinary good!
    Maybe it\'s an idea to also create a Dan Dean String Ensembles version?

I understand that for making non-solo instruments you\'ll have to gather a great amount of musicians and that you can\'t do recordings in a small studio, but in a big concert hall, which seems more difficult (much more recording equipment is needed) and more expensive to me, or am I wrong?
    I don´t want to say that creating solo instruments is not difficult, it´s of course also an enormous lot of work. But I want to say that it´s different than creating instrument ensembles, I asume.

Go Back to forum