• Register
  • Help

Topic: FINALE 2014 DOESN'T recognize Stradivari Solo violin!? (Kontakt player 2) in my Sys

Share/Bookmark

Exclamation FINALE 2014 DOESN'T recognize Stradivari Solo violin!? (Kontakt player 2) in my Sys

HELP!! Does anybody owning Stradivari solo Violin and/or Gofriller Cello try or own Finale 2014??

I properly activated the VST set up in Finale 2014 demo, and I can load a K2 player instance of Stradivari.
    The previous versions due to the Human Playback rules for Garritan solo strings were recognizing it and using special MIDI to play lovely (vibrato, vibrato rate, articulations, legato etc. etc.).

But my Finale 2014 Demo doesn't recognize anymore the Kontakt Player 2 patch, and then doesn't activate the Human Playback (auto vibrato, dynamics and keyswitch): an instance of Stradivari plays like a standardsound module (velocity + cc7)...ARGH!
    This issues was already present for the Kontakt 3, 4 and 5 player, but the original Kontakt 2 player at least was working...

If any of the Finale/Stradivari users succeed in using Human Playback with Stradivari/Gofriller in Finale 2014, please let me know:
    (I was ready to use the crossgrade option to buy the 2014, but this issue would stop me from buying it for sure).

Thank you...

Re: FINALE 2014 DOESN'T recognize Stradivari Solo violin!? (Kontakt player 2) in my S

Quote Originally Posted by Fabio View Post
    ...I properly activated the VST set up in Finale 2014 demo, and I can load a K2 player instance of Stradivari...
    ...But my Finale 2014 Demo doesn't recognize anymore the Kontakt Player 2 patch, and then doesn't activate the Human Playback (auto vibrato, dynamics and keyswitch): an instance of Stradivari plays like a standardsound module (velocity + cc7)...
    Your problem sent me searching, Fabio, and not too surprisingly, since the release of Finale 2014 is still so new, I couldn't find an answer.

I found this conversation thread about using Kontakt Player 2, but so far they're just talking about KP2 loading in Finale, not the KP2 patch you're needing for the Stradivari. Still, it could be good to join in that conversation. Maybe your issue can be resolved with the help of those Finale users:

Garritan Support in 2014

Randy

EDIT: Here's something else from the Finale Forum - Someone was having problems with VSTs not working right, and his solution:

"The Engraved Style had MIDI selected. I resaved it with VST selected. Then, things popped up properly."

Adding that to this reply in case that's helpful, Fabio.

Angry Re: FINALE 2014 DOESN'T recognize Stradivari Solo violin!? (Kontakt player 2) in my S

Thank you so much Randy for your effort in helping me. When I call you "gentleman" it's always appropriate

For everybody:
    Reading the MM Forum, I find talk about lot of additional issues with HP behaviour, including the evil cc1, cc7 and cc11 connections. (for some bug if one is used as expression, the other is influenced as well, scrambling different functions used by VSL or Garritan libraries).
    It was intentional in some of the ARIA-Garritan programs, but just because cc1 and cc11 were not used for any other purpose than expression, so it was good for people with different programs/devices: in HP of course is not acceptable by default and MM say they will fix ASAP.

Actually none of the 3rd party HP preference works in my systems (a Mac and a PC), like if the logic wasn't able of reading anymore the name of the device, used as filter to activate the instrument technics rules.

In the VSL forum the debate is still open, because even if the Vienna product managers seem to be able of using Finale 2014, most of the users were not, but everyone for different reasons, then sorting out a solution for my problem is still impossible.

What makes me nervous is that it happens on both the machines/OS and then it's not a coincidence. What makes me hope is that probably a first bug fix 2014a release will pop up soon. Let's see...

Go Back to forum