• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: The best orchestral demos done in Giga

Share/Bookmark

The best orchestral demos done in Giga

Dear friends,

Its been a while since I last heard a decent orchestral demo done in Giga. Where can I find some good demos - now where Thomas pulled down his website - and I have listened to Samhorn demos and Simons demos 50 times - I need some new stuff.

Where should I go?

---< Love Chris

Re: The best orchestral demos done in Giga

There\'s one new DDBE demo on www.dandeanpro.com

It\'s not as good as Thomas or Simon\'s stuff, but it\'s new.... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Are you referring to the 3 Brass Ensemble demos? I have heard them - and found them reasonable. But there must be other striking demos out there - that really knock my feet off. I am eagerly awaiting!

Love - Chris

Yes I was thinking of 3 DDBE demos.....

Then nope.....it\'s Maarten, Simon, Damon and Thomas \"The Magic Fast Strings Man\".....VSL demos, and that\'s about it...

You can allways go to cinema and listen to one of Nik\'s trailers..... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Ya know, I still think Maarten\'s demo called \"Massive Horns\" on the Project Sam website is amazing. Stands out as one of the best fake orchestras I\'ve ever heard.

Yes, the SAM horn demos so far are the best I\'ve heard yet.
    Dave

Hey Chris, visit my site. A couple of my compositions are showcased in the composition section. If you want a \"knock-your-socks-off,\" score, check out, \"Biased Drift.\":

----> www.AaronSapp.com <----

Dear Aaron. Reminds of Shostakovich. I love the piece - even though there is a strange discrepancy between wet and dry parts. It guess this will be a future issue with many giga compositions - the combination of dry and wet. I think we need to choose a side - because the mixup somehow sounds a bit fake. I vote for ambienced samples.

The other demos are very nice. You are really working with your dynamics. But you might wanna work a little more on the theming parts. Unless you dont want themes. Who knows.

Love - Chris

I read some past postings on the issue of demos. Alot mention the \"Gladiator Waltz\" as the finest mockup to date. But I would like a clear definition of a mockup. If Zimmer sampled phrases (which we dont know) - I wouldnt consider it a true mockup. Some of brass and string also sound a bit too \"alive\". Anyway.

I just listened to the new Dan Dean demos and they seem very very nice. Now we are waiting for Mr. Phoenix to show off his new adventure.

I havent been too impressed with the VSL library demos. I think they seem a bit stiff or maybe they lack warmth/depth.

Any comments on that?

Love - Chris

Originally posted by Lewis:
    I read some past postings on the issue of demos. Alot mention the \"Gladiator Waltz\" as the finest mockup to date. But I would like a clear definition of a mockup. If Zimmer sampled phrases (which we dont know) - I wouldnt consider it a true mockup. Some of brass and string also sound a bit too \"alive\". Anyway.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I very much doubt he uses phrases - he recorded his special library in just two days so I doubt he would have had time for them along with all the individual notes anyway. His library is amazing and its all the same orchestra with the same ambience, so its easier to make it all blend as one. Plus he recorded it himself so he knew exactly what he wanted and how he wanted to use it...not to mention the fact he\'s a great composer.

Go Back to forum