• Register
  • Help

Topic: Finale 2014 -- some Garritan instruments don't respond to Volume control in ARIA.

Share/Bookmark

Finale 2014 -- some Garritan instruments don't respond to Volume control in ARIA.

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    (Reposted from Developers Forum)

I just purchased the Finale 2014 upgrade, which included ARIA Player v1.620 and ARIA Engine v1.626.

I find that when I run ARIA in stand-alone mode, some of the Finale Default Bank instruments don't respond to the volume slider.

The following sixteen instruments have the problem -- they play at full volume even when the slider is set to zero:

Woodwinds / Flutes / Alto Flute Solo
    Woodwinds / Flutes / Bass Flute Solo
    Woodwinds / Oboes and Eng. Horn / Oboe D'Amore Solo
    Woodwinds / Clarinets / Contrabass Clarinet Solo
    Woodwinds / Clarinets / Eb Clarinet Solo
    Brass / Trumpets / Piccolo Trumpet Solo
    Percussion / Percussion Toys KS
    Percussion / Tubular Bells KS
    Pipe Organ / Baroque Plenum Pedal
    Pipe Organ / Baroque Plenum Reeds
    World / Banjo
    World / Basic African Percussion
    World / Celtic Harp
    World / Fife
    World / Steel Drums
    World / Tablas

This is true on my desktop computer running Windows XP Media Edition, as well as on my laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium. And the same thing happens using the ARIA VST instrument within Cubase 5.

Any suggestions?

Thanks --

-- Fred Goldrich

Re: Finale 2014 -- some Garritan instruments don't respond to Volume control in ARIA.

I have gotten a response to this question on the Garritan support page (http://garritan.custhelp.com/app/acc...l/i_id/1087368). Bottom line, it's an actual bug. "This problem has been identified as a software defect and has been assigned to our product development department. If possible, the defect will be scoped and corrected in an upcoming version of Finale ... I'm afraid at this time there is no work around with these patches within the Mixer of the ARIA Player." Very disappointing.

Go Back to forum