• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Electric guitar libraries

Share/Bookmark

Electric guitar libraries

I need electric guitar both lead and rhythm samples, does anyone have any reccomendations? I need unprocessed sounds. I\'m thinking about the QL56 Strat or perhaps the Vintaudio - can anyone who owns these libraries give their opinions? I quite possibly will need more rhythm stuff than lead but I don\'t want to get something like Virtual Guitarist as I want more flexibility with the processing, as well as the performance.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Electric guitar libraries

Check out the vrsound e guitars.
    Excellent for solos.

Well hey, it\'s developer plug day [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

All i can say is for leads, and creating cool moods for music, you won\'t be disappointed with Giga Clean Electric Guitars, 4 guitars with 3 velocities per note, mutes slides and hammer ons, and 4 guitars for a very affordable low price.

Franky
    Vintaudio Productions
    www.vintaudio.com

Franz, unfortunately your website always crashes my computer...

Franky, I did have a listen to your demos for the guitars and they really do sound very good. Not too much rhythm guitar though which I do really need. Also it doesn\'t look like I can buy the library from Time + Space. I\'m in the UK and I don\'t use credit cards so its easiest for me to buy from a UK based sample CD vendor like Time + Space.

Thx for the compliment [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I understand, rythm is not the library\'s strong suit although from the demos you can surely see the potential for playing everything else [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Has for credit card payment, when costumers email me with some concerns i can always accomodate some other form of payment, credit cards is just the prefered payment option and the easyest one for all involved.

Kindly,
    Franky
    Vintaudio Productions
    www.vintaudio.com

Originally posted by Franky:
    Thx for the compliment [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I understand, rythm is not the library\'s strong suit although from the demos you can surely see the potential for playing everything else [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Well yes its wonderful for leads I agree. I\"m gonna need those rhythm and strum type stuff though...

Has for credit card payment, when costumers email me with some concerns i can always accomodate some other form of payment, credit cards is just the prefered payment option and the easyest one for all involved.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Well yes I use my bank debit card which is instant payment much like a credit card, but is only accepted here in the UK. Plus there\'s the advantage of speedier delivery.

I\'ll probably go with the QL-56 even though its more costly than your library \'cos it has the rhythm stuff I need and is available form Time+Space here in the UK.

Having said that, no-one\'s given any opinions on the QL-56 as yet so I can\'t be sure...

Hasen,
    try to go directly to:
    http://vrsound.com/index2.html
    I pretty sure your computer doesn\'t like the shockwave stuff.

For the rhythm stuff you might want to check out the Steinberg Virtual Guitarist. I haven\'t tried it myself, but from the reviews I\'ve read it sounds like Stylus for guitars. It seems to be more rhythm oriented whereas most sample libraries would be lead oriented. If anyone has actually used it, let us know what its like...I\'d be curious to hear how it works and if it\'s worth it.

Regards,
    Scott

Many users in the Cubase forum are not that pleased with the Virtual Guitarist- it has several bugs and that is in its native format!! Also it is not that versatile. It\'s surprisingly easy to make your own rhythm guitars. I just got VintAudio\'s Gigaclean guitars and the first thing I did was make a rhythm part- the way you can instantly switch between mute and sustained sounds gives you a very realistic rhythm part. The guitars in this libray are absolutely killer- I\'m using them with UAD/Nigel and I\'m very pleased with their versatility.

You owe it to yourself to go to the Cubase forum and see what they have to say about Virtual Guitarist before you get it.

Sofi, I would really like to hear how the Vintaudio guitars sound with rhythm parts. Could you possibly email me an mp3?

Go Back to forum