• Register
  • Help

Topic: Loading old Garritan Personal Orchestra Libraries

Share/Bookmark

Loading old Garritan Personal Orchestra Libraries

Hi please go easy on me - I'm new to this area.I've been using Garritan Personal Orchestra with Logic Studio for several years. This I believe uses the Konatk player. However, I've been forced to upgrade and now this set of libraries is supplied with the Aria Player. But I have hundreds of songs I want to load in Logic Studio that now fail because the Konatk player is not present.

Re: Loading old Garritan Personal Orchestra Libraries

Quote Originally Posted by erickpitt199 View Post
    Hi please go easy on me - I'm new to this area.I've been using Garritan Personal Orchestra with Logic Studio for several years. This I believe uses the Konatk player. However, I've been forced to upgrade and now this set of libraries is supplied with the Aria Player. But I have hundreds of songs I want to load in Logic Studio that now fail because the Konatk player is not present.
    Hello, Eric - I'll go as easy on you as I can!

But--sounds like you uninstalled your previous GPO installation when you upgraded to GPO4 that uses ARIA. To be honest, it's been so long since I've been using ARIA, that I can't remember if the previous version was automatically uninstalled or not--?

However - When I got my new/current computer two years ago and had to re-install everything I wanted, I loaded up everything I had, all the old versions of the Garritan Libraries as well as the current ones. Like you, I wanted to be able to load older projects that used Kontakt. Old and new happily resided together on the hard drive, and I could load either version I wanted. After awhile, when I saw that I just wasn't going to be returning to projects from so many years ago, I finally uninstalled the old Kontakt versions. I have the boxed sets of all the original versions of Garritan, so I could install them again if I found the need.

So--that's the question. Your previous GPO was apparently uninstalled, either by you or the GPO4 installer. If so--do you still have your old GPO discs. Hopefully you do - You can install that again, and you'll need to use the Northern Sounds Service Center to initiate and register GPO again, but it can be done.

Tell us more--Do you have the old discs?

And if you think the old GPO wasn't uninstalled - are you sure you're not able to seek out and load Kontakt in Logic? I'm sure you know that when loading a Library, it's actually the sample player that you insert, Kontakt or ARIA, and then the instruments are loaded.

Randy

Go Back to forum