• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: New composition. What do you think?

Share/Bookmark

New composition. What do you think?

A Bizarre Circulation Of Light and Fog OR

A lower quality version here

I just finished this a few days ago. Any comments would be great. Even if you despise it, I want to know!!

Thanks. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Re: New composition. What do you think?

Humm...cool , very nice. What I can say is that your abitily working with samples is very good [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] . Library(s)???

Thank you Leo. I\'m using the Miroslav library. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

You need to get off of Angelfire. Your site is suspended for overusing bandwidth. Maybe post it on the northern sounds composer site.
    J

Alright, I\'ve uploaded a very, very low quality mp3 to composer vote:

A Bizarre Circulation of Light and Fog

This is a very lovely composition. Very lovely. I know you are using mostly soundfonts and older libraries but this sounds quite good. This would sound great with a live orchestra and childrens choir.
    Good job. Perfect title.
    Cheers,
    J

Thank you very much! I didn\'t have much in mind while composing this, I\'ll admit, but when I was done with it, I thought it sounded like it would go good with a movie scene where a person is wondering around aimlessly lost in a very foggy area with strange things appearing at random.

Come on, the bandwidth consumption was exceeded. I know more than 2 people heard it. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Good work! I like the athmosphere of your composition.

Just two thoughts about the sound:
    -the strings in the beginning sound very nice and so does the whole composition, but I really would enjoy a more realistic cello-sound at 0:20 and 0:43.
    I think it doesn\'t harmonize enough with the rest of your instruments, perhaps it\'s mixed a little bit too loud.
    -the other thing is, that the staccato-woodwinds have a nice sound but I think they are sometimes to low to sound as played live (especially on 0:36).

I know, these are very detailed things, but perhaps they\'ll help to get the whole thing even better.

greets, tilman

Sounds good. It\'s interesting to see that with all these fancy new libraries coming out, older ones like Miroslav can still contend.

Go Back to forum