• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Song of the lake

Share/Bookmark

Song of the lake

I grew up at the beautiful Lake Balaton in Hungary, this is remembering the short-lived happy time there.
    I know, it is too much echo, but I imagined that the song comes across the water, so forgive, please

https://app.box.com/s/daigy2av3u20l3kjt20f

Re: Song of the lake

B E A U T I F U L !

L O N G L I V E T O L A K E B A L A T H O N!

Maybe it is my ears growing old, but it doesn't seems to me being too much echo, rather than a bit of subtle distortion in full strings passages.
    Fabio
    Arrigo Beyle / Milanese / Lived, wrote, loved -- Stendhal
    Being Italian is a full-time job -- B. Severgnini

Hi ted,

This is pure melancholy full of good memories in the shape of a very catching tune. Well orchestrated, with a nice part for the solo oboe. You touch my heart!

Thanks for sharing

Max

A beautiful piece inspired by a beautiful lake - what a wonderful thing. Your description of the song coming across the water is perfect, Ted - that's exactly the impression created in your recording. Sounds really nice - you made a very effective choice in the way you mixed your elegant composition.

Footnote - There isn't any "echo" in this rendering. Echoes are discrete repetitions of a sound - "Hello - hello - hello - hello." What you've used is reverberation, the effect we always use in our virtual orchestra recordings to simulate instruments being played in real world spaces of various sizes.

Thank you so much for coming back to the Forum with your very special music, Ted.

Randy

So touching, Ted. There's always a strongly delicate side in your music, full of melancholy. Also, a very specific character into it, sound-wise, thematically-wise and so on. That means you know what you like and move in that direction without second thoughts.
    Reverb is fine for me, too, I like the way it blends with the "concept" of the piece. Reverb on the choir, of course, as the rest is pretty dry.
    What I'd do is smooth a bit some the string lines, a bit more "legato". But that's me. You use Kirk Hunter's, correct?

As always, a pleasure to listen to your music.

Fab

Thanks a lot Fab.
    I am "delicate" because of my age...No fire left in the fireplace, just look back and enjoying even the bad memories because somehow I survived.
    Yes, I am using KH strings. Unfortunately there is no way to make legato. I can help it a little by overlapping duration's, and taking your advise, I'll thankfully will try it. If it will make a difference I re-post it.
    Thanks again, you are very kind

Ted

I can picture myself sitting on the lake shore in the morning dawn with just a wisp, here and there, of light fog gently hanging over some of the lake surface. This is a wonderful piece to listen to. I don't think that there is to much echo at all. Thanks for the post. Jay

Jay, thank you, and you got it exactly, this is how I imagined this.

Thanks

Ted

Quote Originally Posted by tedvanya View Post
    Thanks a lot Fab.
    I am "delicate" because of my age...No fire left in the fireplace, just look back and enjoying even the bad memories because somehow I survived.
    Yes, I am using KH strings. Unfortunately there is no way to make legato. I can help it a little by overlapping duration's, and taking your advise, I'll thankfully will try it. If it will make a difference I re-post it.
    Thanks again, you are very kind

Ted
    You are delicate because you have a delicate soul. It doesn' t show only from your compositions...
    Or so I guess.

Which KH's package are you exactly using? Seems strange no legato playing is programmed in that library. Logic or Kontakt?

Quote Originally Posted by sec2 View Post
    You are delicate because you have a delicate soul. It doesn' t show only from your compositions...
    Or so I guess.

Which KH's package are you exactly using? Seems strange no legato playing is programmed in that library. Logic or Kontakt?
    I am still using KH Emerald for Gigastudio 3.
    While I still have Gigastudio on, I am not using it. The .gig samples are used now with Giga Player along with GPO4 for woods,brass and harp. There are samples in Emerald which are called Legato, but there is no control, I think Kirk just increased release a little more on these. Well, why am I not using GPO4 strings, I have no good answer to this. Somehow I feel Emerald strings are better.
    Thanks again for your kind words...

Ted

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast