• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT: Expression Pedals

Share/Bookmark

OT: Expression Pedals

What are you guys using for expression pedals? I\'ve tried the Yamaha FC7 and found that it didn\'t go all the way down to MIDI CC zero. The Roland EV-5 has too small a travel. I\'ve seen the Fatar VP16 on some of the online dealers, but no one carries it in stores here. Anyone have experience with it or any other model that they could recommend? I\'m looking for something that feels like a Hammond B3 pedal and sends out good smooth MIDI CC info.

thx,
    mike

Re: OT: Expression Pedals

I use the Yamaha FC7 - and I\'ve just reconfirmed that it does go all the way down and all the way up. 0-127.
    Maybe there\'s an adjustment you need to make?

Roland EV-10. Full scale pedal, with option to adjust 0-point to give less than full travel, (sorry, that\'s unclear. You get n-to-127, with n=0-127.) but full size, solid metal. Find \'em on eBay (they\'re not made anymore.) Keep looking, they only appear occasionally.

Dasher

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

I don\'t know the particular model number (they\'re packed up in my road case), but I use the Roland BOSS pedals, which are both expression and traditional stereo volume in one unit. They really work great, and are nice and hefty--the size of your foot. They\'re some kind of cast metal, and I have put them through hell and back, believe me...both of \'em have been around the world at least twice. They have a \"minimum volume\" knob which works on both the CC and analog output, which is really nice for live gigs.

Although I must admit my favorite volume pedal is my old chrome Morley 110 volt AC opto-pedal. There\'s just something about the way it sounds and responds that\'s sweet, and guitar players never fail to leave a little puddle of drool on the stage when they see it.

Originally posted by Bruce A. Richardson:
    I don\'t know the particular model number (they\'re packed up in my road case), but I use the Roland BOSS pedals, which are both expression and traditional stereo volume in one unit. They really work great, and are nice and hefty--the size of your foot.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Is it similar to this?

http://www.zzounds.com/item--ROLEV7

Originally posted by pinkcanary:
    I use the Yamaha FC7 - and I\'ve just reconfirmed that it does go all the way down and all the way up. 0-127.
    Maybe there\'s an adjustment you need to make?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">The one I bought only went down to 19 and none of the screws I fiddled with would do anything. Another one in a store I tried out only went down to 37. I guess you got lucky with a good one.

Originally posted by thesoundsmith:
    Roland EV-10. Full scale pedal, with option to adjust 0-point to give less than full travel, (sorry, that\'s unclear. You get n-to-127, with n=0-127.) but full size, solid metal. Find \'em on eBay (they\'re not made anymore.) Keep looking, they only appear occasionally.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Are these similar to the EV-7?

Anyhow, thanks guys. I am still curious about the Fatar model though cause it\'s only 30 bucks as opposed to 145 for the EV-7.

http://www.zzounds.com/item--QLKVP16

Mike.....I believe Bruce was referring to this one.

Boss FV-300L

I have one and I love it. And like Bruce said.....it is rather sturdy. I have not tried it on all keyboards as a CC controller yet though. On a Roland it works great (which makes sense).

Double post deleted

Go Back to forum