• Register
  • Help

Topic: Holiday Offerings

Share/Bookmark

Holiday Offerings

In celebration of the holidays, I will be posting some offerings in my blog.

First up is this fugue for organ.
    http://thesonicmuse.blogspot.com/

I look forward to hearing all your wonderful creations/arrangements on this year’s Christmas CD!

Re: Holiday Offerings

Excellent, Sean! It's always good to see you here on the Forum, and as always, you've brought outstanding music along with you. Your Fugue is mesmerizing, and extremely well rendered. And this is very good news that you plan on posting a series of pieces for the Holidays. Wonderful! I certainly look forward to hearing more from your series.

Randy

Hi Sean,

What a surprise to hear a full grow organ fugue here on the forum in the best classical tradition! This is a rare art nowadays. Thank you for that. And you created an outstanding church-like ambience, with the right reverb not to make the theme-lines disappear in an ocean of sound, they remain distinct and very well audible.

Thanks for this great piece!

Max

Thank you for listening as well as for your kind words, Randy. Considering your level of expertise in music sequencing, I am especially pleased by your approval.

Max, I am so happy you feel that way about my handling of reverb. The proper implementation of that effect is always critical, especially when dealing with such a large virtual space. The combination of unstopped organ playing such busy music can easily become a sonic mess.

wow.. I'll echo max: a very solid organ fugue is quite a blow, not what one would expect nowadays. To my ears it sounds absolutely right, thematically, structurally and acoustically.
    I' ll quote yourself:"Anyone who has ever heard the sound of a pipe organ with all stops pulled in a cathedral knows there is nothing like it on Earth! The all-mighty power of the sound is incredible."

Couldn' t agree more, and you did justice to this wonderful instrument.

Thanks for posting.

Fab

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Damon View Post
    Thank you for listening as well as for your kind words, Randy. Considering your level of expertise in music sequencing, I am especially pleased by your approval.

Max, I am so happy you feel that way about my handling of reverb. The proper implementation of that effect is always critical, especially when dealing with such a large virtual space. The combination of unstopped organ playing such busy music can easily become a sonic mess.
    That's exactly what I meant.

Max

Thumbs up Re: Holiday Offerings

OPS!! I did listen to it when you posted it, but I noticed now I didn't tell you!!!

I simply love fugues... and yours is a good one. Don't stop writing counterpoint... it add magics to modern compositions as well in my opinion.

Go Back to forum