• Register
  • Help

Topic: New piano lib from vintaudio!

Share/Bookmark

New piano lib from vintaudio!

Hey, everyone!

I found this new offer from vintaudio
    here

Seems like quite a bargain! Two pianos for 110$, i really like the sound of both of them too.

(i do not work for vintaudio, so there is no need to delete my post (?)

Congratulations, Frankie! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Re: New piano lib from vintaudio!

Wow, cool tones! I like the price too. I will check these out.

Definitly sounds nice, good work! Just curious though, what\'s the fascination with upright pianos... When you walk into a piano store, don\'t you go straight to the grands? If you have an upright or you\'re looking at buying an upright, don\'t you keep wishing you had a grand? If an upright & a grand are set before you, which would you got to? The Gigas are about bringing the unobtainable to you, right? Honestly, why would someone choose upright samples over grand samples?

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Originally posted by pianojoe:
    Definitly sounds nice, good work! Just curious though, what\'s the fascination with upright pianos... When you walk into a piano store, don\'t you go straight to the grands? If you have an upright or you\'re looking at buying an upright, don\'t you keep wishing you had a grand? If an upright & a grand are set before you, which would you got to? The Gigas are about bringing the unobtainable to you, right? Honestly, why would someone choose upright samples over grand samples?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I can think of many reasons--it\'s another set of tones, another \"size\" of instrument. What if you\'re producing a piano track for a scene that features an upright piano? A sampled concert grand would sound very weird.

Lots of music is associated with an upright sound. In fact, it\'s one of those sounds that is immediately comforting and familiar--something that many people grew up with and around. It can express a certain atmosphere that may say as much emotionally as what\'s being played.

The natural tendency, given the technology, was for sample developers to get the \"superpianos\" out onto the market, but I think that we\'ll see more and more products like this. Worra\'s Rain Piano is another one of these--a slightly out of whack piano, that should be excellent for evoking the sound of a rehearsal piano, for instance, or a kids\' sing-along.

Couldn\'t have said it better myself Bruce [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Also, i\'d like to add this too pianojoe, i started doing the library because i wanted to play an old upright like the early blues legends did, that\'s what they used, not grands (although some did and most would\'ve probaly like to play on), but the fact of the matter is their art was created and transposed on Upright pianos and it gave a very distinct sound to their music, that\'s why i started the library out with the 1908 Clinton Upright, the results were so good then i said well what the heck why not, let\'s just go for broke and did the Steinway Boston which is a totally different sound, it\'s all about having different options, sound palettes.
    Like Bruce said, if the part,tv show or movie calls for an upright piano, you have the closest thing to the real deal a mouse click away.
    Grand Pianos have a distinct sound, so do Upright pianos and that can inspire you, or make your sound different from somebody else\'s music.
    The last point i\'d like to make is, pianojoe for the most part, the libraries you\'ll see from Vintaudio is stuff other developers have not adressed or very little, that\'s what i like doing, i do these libraries because i need the specific instruments and they are not available to me from other developers first and foremost, not because i\'ll sell loads of copies and get rich.
    Of course i want to make money off my libraries, but that comes in second to filling the voids left by other developers. Having said that, that doesn\'t mean you won\'t be seeing mainstream libraries from Vintaudio, feaarr me developerrrs feeearr meee [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] hehehe [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Kindly
    Franky
    Vintaudio Productions
    www.vintaudio.com

Points well taken guys. All the needs I\'ve ever had for pianos have required the biggest & best sound. I\'ll broaden my mind!

Go Back to forum