• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: The Cheese Master (VSL Tenor Sax demos)

Share/Bookmark

Re: The Cheese Master (VSL Tenor Sax demos)

This as convincing a sampled sax as I\'ve ever heard!
    I would however try to limit your use of scooped notes---sure, they make for a \'real\' sound, but whether live or sampled, too many of them sound corny. You used quite a bit on \"Phone Sax\" as well...A little goes a long way...

Just a saxophone player\'s 2 cents...

Sounds awesome Craig! I absolutely think this has to be the best sax out there [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] .

Silky smooth as always captain fromage. Really like the little \"heys\" and reefer-stick addled laugh at the end of the second one. Adds that dimension of the smokey after hours jam of yesteryear. Nice writing Nice samples.

cb

On a separate note does anyone know anything about YT Candy (apart from the evil dongle issue) and Dash synthesis\'s sax product?

very good Sharmy

the best i have heard so far my only small critism is in the be-bop tune the lines sounded a bit to much the same is there a way of slightly varying each note in the line to make it sound a little more human

Those were great! What \'verb did you use?

Sounds cool as usual, Sharmy [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] The only thing I can think of that could improve things a bit is that each sustained note seems to cut off, like you\'re just releasing the key. I would play a bit with diminuendo patches for the releases or ride the expression controller to make each note fade out naturally. The compositions are very enjoyable [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thomas

Sharmy,

Superb demos with a great sax!

Most convincing!

Kip McGinnis
    Bardstown Audio
    www.bardstownaudio.com

Very impressive Sharmy,
    what sounds did you use besides the sax?

I ordered these puppies as well. I can\'t wait till Mr. UPS drops them off. Oh, nice work BTW! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

How is the articulation list on the saxes?

Sharmy, you did an amazing job with what you were given, but based on these samples, no saxophone player is losing their jobs anytime soon!

These are alot better than most I\'ve heard, but it seems we\'re still years away from hearing anything realistic.

Oh well, not that big a deal to me as I\'m a horn player :-D

-Eric

Go Back to forum