• Register
  • Help

Topic: Best Conga and Bongo sample cd??

Share/Bookmark

Re: Best Conga and Bongo sample cd??

Hi there. I sampled a bongo pretty extensively. Unfortunately only one, but you might find it useful. It has hand hits, stick hits, finger taps, nail hits, scratching on the surface and about 50 other effects. I sampled all the stuff I could think of. It is free, along with a couple of other .gigs I\'ve done.

http://62.13.11.115/tjgigs/Ultimate_Bongo.rar

Thomas

Tascam / vrsound.percussion

check out the contents: http://vrsound.com/perc

An impressive list of contents, Franz, but I just wondered if it would be possible to hear any demos of the sounds.

Best Conga and Bongo sample cd??

I am looking for something with nice velocity mapped conga and bongo samples (various rim and off center, center, multiple velocities, etc). I also want something that has really nice grooves. But mainly I just want samples. Can someone recommend something. If it isn\"t giga, then it certainly needs to be convertable such that velocity mapping, etc is preserved.

-brian

Many of the sounds are used within the mp3 demos on vrsound.com (all percussion you hear i.e the Sitar indian demo) you can also find a few samples to download. If you have the free sound cd that comes with GS, find the vrsound folder. We made really usable stuff available. I think there\'s a tamborin instrument and some other drum (can\'t remember exactly what I put on there)

Thanks for asking!

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Originally posted by DCB:
    An impressive list of contents, Franz, but I just wondered if it would be possible to hear any demos of the sounds.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">If it\'s a superset of the sounds on the VR Sound Giga Module, they are very present and good quality. I\'m not sure who the player was, but you can tell it **was** a player. As they\'re mapped on the Giga Module, they\'re spread out over the keyboard, basically one articulation/playing level per key. I have also had good success stacking them vertically so they can be played from a pad.

As opposed to mine, eh, Bruce? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Bring it on, I can handle it...

Thomas

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Originally posted by Thomas_J:
    As opposed to mine, eh, Bruce? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Bring it on, I can handle it...

Thomas
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I haven\'t heard it, but I\'ll download it and check it out.

Go Back to forum