• Register
  • Help

Topic: "Piano Miniature Number Seven"

Share/Bookmark

"Piano Miniature Number Seven"

Fellow MusicMakers,

This is my "Piano Miniature Number Seven".

http://www.alexandermusic.com/resour...ture07EWQL.mp3

Regards,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: "Piano Miniature Number Seven"

This reminds me a definition by Cass: "Beethoven meets Scott Joplin".

It is classical, with a bit of ragtime. Or maybe ragtime, with a bit of classical.... anyway, it is elegant and as light as feather, that's what's important.

Larry... I had a visit on your web site.... Geez, you wrote a couple of tons of pieces. How do you do it? So fast? I am in full admiration.

By the way, I almost choked to death by laughter with your tricky titles:

Texas hold'em Polka. I'll be right Bach. Monk Business. The cello saga: Lemon Cello, Cellophane.... Then...the "Hornish Rapsody", or a new musical genre: the Pasticcio. "Pasticcio in G minor". "Hornucopia". "The Rompler Rag". The "Flute-Fruit" saga: Tootie Flutie, Flute salad, Flute of the loom, Flute Cake, Juicy Flute....

I am sincerely amazed...
    Thank you so much.

Fab

Thanks for the visit to my music website, Mister Fab.

The works there were written over a period of several years. I have been composing for around seventy years since I was about ten years old!

All of the titles you mention are from a warped mind.

Best to you,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    It may be a "miniature" but it's BIG in joviality, Mr. Larry - Thanks for the pick-me-up.

Randy
    Mister Joviality...that's what they call me.

Thanks, as always, for listening and commenting.

Best,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Mr. prolific has done it again! This couldn't be any further removed from the last piece I just heard of yours... just shows what wide range of musical ingenuity you possess.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has noticed your witty/creative titles. Fab supports my admiration of these.

I better quit writing now, keeping it short, because if I don't you'll have another piece posted and I'll have to reply again and I do have other member's music I haven't got to.

As always, much impressed.

Cass

Quote Originally Posted by Cass Hansen View Post
    Mr. prolific has done it again! This couldn't be any further removed from the last piece I just heard of yours... just shows what wide range of musical ingenuity you possess.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has noticed your witty/creative titles. Fab supports my admiration of these.

I better quit writing now, keeping it short, because if I don't you'll have another piece posted and I'll have to reply again and I do have other member's music I haven't got to.

As always, much impressed.

Cass
    Coming from such a fine writer of piano music as you this is a very nice compliment that I very much appreciate, Mister Cass. Thanks.

My best to you.

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Larry... is this another composition!!! I so happen to like them you know EH! Pianos are one of my favorite. I love pianos... hence my quest for piano libraries over the last little while. Nice stuff. This makes me want to just pull out my black grand yamaha piano... wait... I don't got one, I only got virtual instruments... DANG Larry... All this piano stuff... GARRR!!! Now, I am acting like a real FRENCH CANADIAN! HAHAHA LOL!!!! EHHHHHHH!!!! LOL.

In conclusion, I really liked you piece. You have extremely good talent! Looking forward to more!

Regards,

Your frozen cold Canadian friend Richard

Quote Originally Posted by sururick View Post
    Larry... is this another composition!!! I so happen to like them you know EH! Pianos are one of my favorite. I love pianos... hence my quest for piano libraries over the last little while. Nice stuff. This makes me want to just pull out my black grand yamaha piano... wait... I don't got one, I only got virtual instruments... DANG Larry... All this piano stuff... GARRR!!! Now, I am acting like a real FRENCH CANADIAN! HAHAHA LOL!!!! EHHHHHHH!!!! LOL.

In conclusion, I really liked you piece. You have extremely good talent! Looking forward to more!

Regards,

Your frozen cold Canadian friend Richard
    Merci beaucoup!

Yes, this is one of my original works.

Thanks for your message. I appreciate the fact that you responded.

At this moment, it is thirty-five degrees Fahrenheit here in Tyler, Texas USA. To a Canada resident that's a heat wave!

Best,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum