• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: 7-string Rush test - Jacob's Ladder

Share/Bookmark

7-string Rush test - Jacob\'s Ladder

Just a test of my new PODxt and new seven string guitar. (and samples of course...)
    This is the middle part of Jacob\'s Ladder by Rush (except played down a fourth just for fun. Kind of a Korn version.)

http://www.BrainFeverMusic.com/Music/Jacob%27s%20Ladder%20-heavy%20mix.mp3

Guitar: Ibanez S-series 7-string going through PODxt.
    Bass: Fender Jazz 5-string also going thru PODxt.
    Choir: VOTA.
    Drums: DFH (except snare which is from Bob Clearmountain drums 1 ...i know...ancient)

Just a silly test. This is one of my fav songs, and it sounds even better down-tuned and heavier.

Enjoy,

Re: 7-string Rush test - Jacob\'s Ladder

[img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Bela D Media:
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Dido! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Well that sold me on the PodXT. Now how to explain its absolute necessity to my wife....

Originally posted by Alan Lastufka:
    </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Originally posted by Bela D Media:
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Dido! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">[img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Double Ditto, no take backs. Great drum programming..
    Rich

I loved this. I am going to have to listen to some Rush on my way down to NAMM...

From: Another bass player (turned orchestral composer) who used to play keyboards and sing some in rock and prog-rock bands and even covered a Rush tune or two to boot.

s-series?

is that a saber model?

God I\'ve wanted a black saber 7 for like 12 years now. I\'ve got an old 88 uni-7. Sounds better than most 7\'s I\'ve heard, but I love the way my saber plays.

Originally posted by KingIdiot:
    s-series?

is that a saber model?

God I\'ve wanted a black saber 7 for like 12 years now. I\'ve got an old 88 uni-7. Sounds better than most 7\'s I\'ve heard, but I love the way my saber plays.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">It\'s just called their S Series I think, but may have been called the Sabre series as well. It\'s the super thin mahogany body, with the super thin Wizard2 neck. Super nice, found it used and bought it on the spot, as they don\'t make these anymore. I\'m having a blast playing it. Good luck finding a black one. Ebay always has a decent list of 7s for sale.

That\'s a Sabre alright. The guy who plays geetar in my band picked up a seven-string Sabre new from AMS for some ridiculously low price ($399? mighta been a bit more, I don\'t remember) when Ibanez was blowing them out a few months back. It plays like a champ and sounds great just with the stock pickups. And that low profile body looks SO bloody cool...

Thought I\'d jump in and show you my new toy and soon, another BELA D release.

Sorry for the large photo.

FB

Go Back to forum