• Register
  • Help

Topic: High CPU in MSG32.exe

Share/Bookmark

High CPU in MSG32.exe

Hi,

Can anyone help me with this:
    I run GigaStudio on Windows 98 or ME, on a system with a 500 MHz AMD processor, and 128 MB of memory, using an AWE64 Gold soundcard (I know it\'s not a pro soundcard, but recommended by Nemesys for a low budget card).

When I start GigaStudio I immediately get about 20% of CPU utilisation in MSG32.exe. When I activate the reverb of GigaStudio this goes op to more than 50%, without even playing a single note!!

Is this normal behaviour with a cheap soundcard? Has anyone seen this before?

Re: High CPU in MSG32.exe

What excact version of GS are you using? I saw something like what you descibe in version 2.01.23 (or something like that). I now am using 2.01.25 and the CPU problem isn\'t nearly as bad.

Ron

What excact version of GS are you using? I saw something like what you descibe in version 2.01.23 (or something like that). I now am using 2.01.25 and the CPU problem isn\'t nearly as bad.

Ron

Are you using any NFX reverbs on any of your sounds? If you don\'t have them set to individual aux busses your CPU will go alot higher. If you use the same reverb patch for most of your sounds, just route the reverb to different tracks, you can still control the levels of each reverb individually and it will drop your CPU considerably. Right now I\'m using a 667MHz P3, 128 megs ram with a midiman Delta 1010 and have a huge Gregorian choir and boys choir song and there is reverb on about 10 tracks, but when I route them through the aux busses my CPU is only set at 18 percent!
    Could that be your problem? My CPU always starts out at 4 percent the minute I turn Gigastudio 96 on.

Go Back to forum