• Register
  • Help

Topic: Still waiting for Bardstowns Baldwin sample...

Share/Bookmark

Still waiting for Bardstowns Baldwin sample...

Any updates as to its release/availability... Kip? Last I heard we were to expect it this Fall!

Re: Still waiting for Bardstowns Baldwin sample...

I have heard that new products will be avalible in January.

Will the instruments consist of 24 bit wave files, or will they be recorded at 24 bits and then reduced to 16 bits?

Pianojoe,

I very much appreciate your interest in the sampled Baldwin SD10!

I have been very busy lately producing and releasing the Bosendorfer Imperial, Vintage Jazz Guitars and Tenor Banjos, and Classic Accordions, in other sampler formats in addition to Giga format.

A couple of months ago I produced and released the Bosendorfer Imperial, Vintage Jazz Guitars and Tenor Banjos, and Classic Accordions, as 24 bit native EXS24 format instruments.

Today I released the Bosendorfer Imperial in native HALion format as a 24 bit HALion instrument, with the Vintage Jazz Guitars and Tenor Banjos and Classic Accordions to be released in native HALion format as well within the next week.

I am currently working on 24 bit native Kontakt versions of all these instruments as well, which should hopefully be available in a few weeks after the next Kontakt upgrade release.

With the release of Giga 3.0, I will also be releasing 24 bit Giga versions of these same instruments as well. I will also be providing a very reasonable upgrade path to all of Bardstown Audio\'s valued Giga customers who are interested in having 24 bit Giga versions of sampled instruments that they have previously purchased from us.

I will also be providing a reasonable cross-grade option as well, for our valued customers who would like to have Bardstown Audio sampled instruments in more than just one sampler format.

The Giga import/translation features in these other sampler formats most often are less than perfect and end up having annoying quirks in the instruments that do not make for satisfactory translations. This is one of the reasons I decided to release our instruments in these other sampler formats, programmed especially for each of these individual native formats in order to have complete optimization. I also wanted to release our instruments as 24 bit sampled instruments in these other formats as well since they do support 24 bit.

Hopefully within the month I will have completed the process of producing and releasing our instruments in all of these other sampler formats as native 24 bit instruments. Our 24 bit native EXS24 and HALion instruments are completed and released, and 24 bit native Kontakt versions of our instruments are in the works.

My next project will be the Baldwin SD10 concert grand piano, which will be released as a 24 bit Giga instrument with the release of Giga 3.0. This 24 bit sampled Baldwin SD10 will also be released in all of these other sampler formats as well.

Kip
    Bardstown Audio
    www.bardstownaudio.com

Originally posted by Jake Johnson:
    Will the instruments consist of 24 bit wave files, or will they be recorded at 24 bits and then reduced to 16 bits?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">The EXS24, HALion, soon to be Kontakt, and the future version of Giga 3.0 Bardstown Audio instruments are 24 bit, and are made from 24 bit wave files.

The 16 bit Giga versions were sample recorded at 24 bit and then dithered to 16 bit, considering the current version of Giga does not yet support 24 bit, but will with the release of version 3.0.

Kip
    Bardstown Audio
    www.bardstownaudio.com

Thanks for the updates Kip. Any idea what the price will be for the 24bit version of the Giga Bosendorfer?

Thanks,

DanS

Originally posted by DanS:
    Thanks for the updates Kip. Any idea what the price will be for the 24bit version of the Giga Bosendorfer?

Thanks,

DanS
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hi Dan,

The 24 bit Giga versions will be the same price of $199.00. Our customers who have the 16 bit Giga versions can either cross grade to one of the other 24 bit sampler formats... (EXS24, HALion, Kontakt) for $69, or upgrade to the 24 bit Giga version for $69 with the release of Giga 3.0, and of course keep their 16 bit Giga versions as well.

Kip
    Bardstown Audio
    www.bardstownaudio.com

Go Back to forum