• Register
  • Help

Topic: Samples recorded with a Studio Projects C1 mic?

Share/Bookmark

Samples recorded with a Studio Projects C1 mic?

Anyone out there using a Studio Projects C1 mic for recording samples?

I\'ve listened to one sample set that used this mic to record a piano (just the treble, I think) and was very surprised by the cleaness of the sound. Seemed to capture the body of the sound right after the attack and not let go, if that makes any sense.

Does this mic sound as good on other instruments as it does a piano? (ProRec, for one, gave this mic a strong review, but mainly for vocals.)

Re: Samples recorded with a Studio Projects C1 mic?

I have two studio project C1\'s. I love them. Great bang for the buck. Incredibly detailed vocal recordings and great for solo instruments up close too.

It\'s a studio microphone, so basically you can forget about doing distance recordings with it.

It captures all kinds of instruments very well. I\'ve recorded a violin, a cello, a double bass, a guitar, female and male vocals (pop/rock and classical), trumpet and some percussion. All very satisfying in sound quality.

For the price you can\'t go wrong.

Thomas

Thomas_J: And which mic(s) have you used for distance recordings?

Jake,

I have two C1 microphones and have been very happy with them. I use them for recording instruments (didgeridoo, flute, violin, guitar) and vocals, and have been very pleased with the results. I compared it to my AKG C3000B which cost much more, and like the C1 better.

-- Martin

Are you gentlemen sampling with this mic, or are these recordings of parts\\songs?

Jake,

What would be the difference between recording samples of an instrument, or a part for a song? Just a different \"tune\" [grin].

I have not recorded any samples simply for that purpose.

-- Martin

Not just idle curiosity. The samples I\'ve heard from this mic are excellent, and I wanted to see if more are out there that I might buy.

Probably says too much about me that I\'ve fallen in love with a mic. No Freudian jokes, please.

Jake,

See the new thread \"The holy grail of didgeridoo recording\" for a review of the C1 and new VTB-1 preamp from Studio Projects.

-- Martin

Go Back to forum