• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Where to get blowing wind samples??

Share/Bookmark

Where to get blowing wind samples??

This is driving me nuts. Is there seriosly nothing for free anymore - even the simplest thing as 5 seconds of blowing wind? I am not cheap, but when it comes to something this simple, I refuse to pay. And it isn\'t windy near me so I am not going to record it myself.

Can anyone recommend a site?

Re: Where to get blowing wind samples??

If you have access to a synth (hardware or virtual) use the noise waveform and dial-up your own wind.

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Originally posted by bhuether:
    This is driving me nuts. Is there seriosly nothing for free anymore - even the simplest thing as 5 seconds of blowing wind? I am not cheap, but when it comes to something this simple, I refuse to pay. And it isn\'t windy near me so I am not going to record it myself.

Can anyone recommend a site?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Nothing has ever been free. That\'s an illusion.

However, SoundDogs.com is an excellent source of single sample licenses. You can listen online, and only spend a couple of bucks downloading the one you actually want. A couple of bucks is a fair price. Like buying the guy a beer--a cheap one at that.

CSPAM-er, CSPAN. More wind than the beanery, and by top pros! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

But thanks for the tip, Bruce.

Dasher

Thanks Bruce. That is exactly where I am hoping this sample cd business goes. It is so crazy to buy cds for hundreds of dollars containing hundreds or thousands of samples, when all one really needs is a very small subset. I\'ll check out that link.

-brian

Am I really revealing my deepest secrets ? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] ))

Well-known and good : www.ljudo.com
    Not known and good : www.hoerspielbox.de ( german )

See ya,

Go to you basic CD store and find one of those relaxing nature sound effect CD\'s for $8 or less! The ones without the music in the background. They are cheap (not free) and there you\'ll have it. I don\'t know about the copyright issue if you use it in a commercial recording but what the hey!

thanks everyone

that sounddogs site is cool but soo expensive. $7 for just one single samle. Wizzoo sells entire instruments for that price. I ended up finding what I needed at

www.ljudo.com

mp3 format but in the mix it works

and I was looking for a serious 5 second effect

Originally posted by Lee Blaske:

Don\'t forget, too, that for a humorous effect, there\'s a lot you can do simply filling your lungs with air and blowing through your lips, creating different resonances with your mouth (i.e. getting close to whistling). Obviously, do it sideways to your mic so you\'re not actually blowing on the element. That\'s the way Tom Keith does it on the PHC show.

Lee Blaske
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Actually that\'s a good idea, I think I could do a damn good wind effect with my mouth. I\'ve always had similar talents to Michael Winslow - finally it might come in handy. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

For free wind samples go and download \"kazaa\" at www.kazaa.com . Install it and do a search for \"wind + nature\" or something similar and you\'ll get 100s of hits. Download them for free. You can find a lot of stuff here. It\'s like the good old napster, only larger.

Thomas

Go Back to forum