• Register
  • Help

Topic: Update from MM that fixes Garritan volume issue in Finale 2014

Share/Bookmark

Update from MM that fixes Garritan volume issue in Finale 2014

Jon C.
    MakeMusic Customer Support

We now have an update available which should resolve the problem regarding the new samples not responding to volume changes. I've posted a link below to an a page containing additional information, as well as the link to download the updater.

Answer Title: Garritan Instruments for Finale do not respond to the mixer
    Answer Link: http://makemusic.custhelp.com/app/an...tail/a_id/5527

Randy

Re: Update from MM that fixes Garritan volume issue in Finale 2014

Fred Goldrich - and other Finale 2014 users - I hope you've noticed this thread. The fix is posted at MM now!

Randy

I went to the update, downloaded it. There was no question as to where I wanted it to be saved so I ran it. There was a momentary screen blink and that was it. How can I tell if it was installed? I checked with MM, but the person I spoke with had no idea what I was talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Davis View Post
    ... How can I tell if it was installed?...
    ---Well, Tom - In the initial release of Finale 2014, there was no channel volume control available for 16 Garritan instruments newly added to the default Finale sound bank. To be specific - The sliders in ARIA's mixer had no effect on the volume of these instruments. They were always full blast. MM became aware of the problem and programmed the fix, which is now available.

How can you tell it was installed? The volume problem will no longer exist after installation.--

Here's the thread where this was originally talked about, since this is apparently all a mystery to you:

Lack of volume control in new Garritan Finale instruments

Randy

Go Back to forum