• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Alien Assault - an EWQLSO "Gold" Action Demo

Share/Bookmark

Alien Assault - an EWQLSO "Gold" Action Demo

Hey there,

here is an Action Demo i made with EWQLSO Gold Edition. It\'s a little different to other Demos because i integrated a rock section and some loop and synth stuff to make it more \"crossover-like\" and also to show how the library suits with other sections and instruments.

www.gamesounddesign.com/alienassault.mp3

I used only EWQLSO Gold Edition for all orchestral instruments.
    Synth and loops are made with Absynth2 and \"Breaks from the NuSkool\".
    The Drumset is a mix of own samples and a Joey Kramer Snare, guitars and bass is real [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Enjoy [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    Alex Pfeffer
    aka Waywyn

Re: Alien Assault - an EWQLSO "Gold" Action Demo

That sounded great! Some VOTA towards the end would really top it off. Definately a nice mix of various styles.

Sounds great. Did you add any reverb on top of the EWQLSO or is that the (now famous), built-in hall ambience?

John Z.

Very cool!! I must get Gold...and talent. Wow!

first of all, thx for your comments [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

@jzuker: i forget to add this to my 1st post, but NO, there is no additional reverb on the orchestral samples. just a little verb on the drumkit and loops, everything else is just pure [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

also there is no real mastering, just a little bit L2 to bring the peaks to -0,2dB

Fantastic! Congratulations on a fabulous cue!

Originally posted by Waywyn:
    Hey there,

here is an Action Demo i made with EWQLSO Gold Edition. It\'s a little different to other Demos because i integrated a rock section and some loop and synth stuff to make it more \"crossover-like\" and also to show how the library suits with other sections and instruments.

The Drumset is a mix of own samples and a Joey Kramer Snare, guitars and bass is real [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Alex Pfeffer
    aka Waywyn
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hey great Alex, I love it as it drives toward the end. Thanks for giving us a demo with some loop stuf in the track....now I know it will work well with that vibe

I must say that the more I listen to the library, the more I\'m impressed with the brass ( and unfortunately) the less I\'m impressed with the strings. That\'s not your doing, because it\'s happening in more and more demos. I thought the strings were it\'s strong point when the orginal demos first came out, and I think on the low end (VC, CB) they still are terrific. But the violins, more and more, vary from average to good in what I\'ve heard lately....not stellar. It may simply be because some of the demo makers are in a hurry and not using the right articulations for the phrase, etc. I\'m hoping that\'s all it is.

But the brass....good grief....horns to die for.

Nice work!

Hey Alex, good job!

I like the composition, I just think it would sound even better if the orchestral parts would be \"humanized\" a bit, it\'s perhaps a bit too tight for sounding like \"played live\". Anyway, a cool piece of music.

Tilman

Alex,

Love the mixing of the orchestral parts. Very real sounding (except for those sus strings) on the speakers of my HP L1720 display. Those very same speakers tell me that the Absynth is a bit too dry (like you are playing along with a CD, it doesn\'t quite fit in the mix) and that the powerdrums are a tiny bit too loud. The orchestra is suddenly sounding poor and weak (and we don\'t want that) when they make their entrance. Good job. Impressive!

------------
    Alex Cremers

Originally posted by tomhartman:
    </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Originally posted by Waywyn:
    Hey there,

Alex Pfeffer
    aka Waywyn
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hey great Alex, I love it as it drives toward the end. Thanks for giving us a demo with some loop stuf in the track....now I know it will work well with that vibe

I must say that the more I listen to the library, the more I\'m impressed with the brass ( and unfortunately) the less I\'m impressed with the strings. That\'s not your doing, because it\'s happening in more and more demos. I thought the strings were it\'s strong point when the orginal demos first came out, and I think on the low end (VC, CB) they still are terrific. But the violins, more and more, vary from average to good in what I\'ve heard lately....not stellar. It may simply be because some of the demo makers are in a hurry and not using the right articulations for the phrase, etc. I\'m hoping that\'s all it is.

But the brass....good grief....horns to die for.

Nice work!
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Tom, There are so many options in the strings. The intimate soft demo I did recently (Pioneers) is not the kind of music I usually write and I made some mistakes. I am going to post some string hints in the EAST WEST forum, as I have discovered somethings recently. Anyway, I remixed \"Pioneers\" and I think it sounds good now. Keep in mind that it uses mostly muted strings and is a GOLD demo.

http://homepage.mac.com/nickphoenix/FileSharing2.html

Go Back to forum