• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT: Safe to buy from musiciansfriend.com?

Share/Bookmark

OT: Safe to buy from musiciansfriend.com?

Hello

I did a search on the web to find out what professional michrophones cost and found this site. The prices are way better than what i can get where i live (norway).. For example the røde nt5 pair for $299 (here they cost about $550) or an røde nt1000 for half the price.

Anyone have any experience with this website?

I seriously consider purchasing the nt5 for acoustic guitar and percussion and the nt1000 for vocals. At this price, i\'m very tempted! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Re: OT: Safe to buy from musiciansfriend.com?

Order with confidence, I\'ve had no problems. I ALWAYS place the order via phone to make sure the item is in stock at the time of the order. No back ordering for me. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I have never had any problems with them. Their customer service is very good.

You are correct, Lee. Musician\'s Friend is owned by Guitar Center. You should have no worries ordering from them.

Hi
    Great guys, thanks for the replies!
    I could only choose usa or canada as my home country, maybe they don\'t ship worldwide?

I also found music123.com witch had many of the same products and similar prices..

thanks again, now i can afford some nice equipment. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

I don\'t know that Guitar Center owns Musicians Friend (they\'ve been around a long time). I think GC just has an alliance agreement with them because GC has no web store. MF is a very good site, though I like American Musical Supply also. Same kind of site, and they give you 3 or 6 month payouts. www.americanmusical.com

Larry

Originally posted by Plundrik:
    Hi
    I also found music123.com witch had many of the same products and similar prices..

thanks again, now i can afford some nice equipment. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I\'ve tried ordering three times from Music123.com & they\'ve never had the items in stock... NEVER! They\'re prices are beatable. Try www.zzounds.com I\'ve had very good experinces with them!

Got the Mackie HR824 monitors from American Musical Supply via Web-based order for...ah...SIGNIFICANTLY less than list.

I get the Musician\'s Friend and AMS catalogs; a price comparo between the two is revealing.

Originally posted by pianojoe:
    ...Try www.zzounds.com I\'ve had very good experinces with them!
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I\'ve bought a lot of things from zzounds... but I\'m not doing business with them any more. They mostly do ok when items are in stock and everything is routine, but otherwise - watch out! If the item isn\'t marked \"in stock\" on their web page, expect to wait a *long* time for it, and expect them to - ahem - \"mislead\" you about when they shipped it. It\'s happened to me twice now that they claimed to have already shipped an item when they hadn\'t; of course if I\'d known they hadn\'t shipped it, I would have gone elsewhere for the purchase. So now I go elsewhere for all my purchases.

Go Back to forum