• Register
  • Help

Topic: Favorite Electric Guitar Libraries

Share/Bookmark

Favorite Electric Guitar Libraries

Alright everyone...I\'m in the market for a guitar libary for Giga and I definitely need realistic electric guitar samples (i.e., not looking for an ambient type library) in there. Acoustic is a bonus, but VSL Concert won\'t be enough.

Have been looking at QL Guitar/Bass, Zimmer Guitars and QL 56 Strat.

Any feedback on these and suggestions for other libraries to check out would be great.

Thanks,
    jaime

Re: Favorite Electric Guitar Libraries

I think the demo with the electric guitar for Zimmer Guitars is a bit \"too good to be true\". maybe if you play it on a midi guitar it can sound that good I dont know.

Ed

VSL Overdrive is very good if you want a heavily distorted guitar.

I have QL guitars and 56 strat..They are both usefull but it always depend what you are after.
    The QL guitar library is sampled with amp+FX..It limits you in a way but if the tone you are after is there, well you\'ll have some great sounding guitars.
    56 Strat is more recent and has a better use of Giga\'s programing options. What you get is only one guitar sampled through a fender amp but you have much more articulations to work with.
    I think you could use this library and process it even further with amp modeling plug ins.
    Also check Vintaudio clean guitar series.
    This library is sampled straight out of the guitar
    with no amp whatsoever so you could run this through all sorts of amp models or real amps.
    There seems to be a good assortment of articulation as well.

hope this helps a bit

Yves

Thanks for the suggestions. I\'m looking mostly for versatility...but with believable guitar sonic capabilities.

Also if anyone has any experience with either of the Virtual Guitarist VSTi\'s feel free to chime in on them, too.

Originally posted by purplememer:
    Thanks for the suggestions. I\'m looking mostly for versatility...but with believable guitar sonic capabilities.

Also if anyone has any experience with either of the Virtual Guitarist VSTi\'s feel free to chime in on them, too.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I use VG both electric and acoustic versions. I find them both very \"believable\" if used in a rhythm or non-lead part. Extremely easy to use, too. The programming is pretty impressive in that you hold down a chord, and the part plays following the midi tempo. I don\'t know of any easier way to get a guitar track.

There\'s lots of strummed guitars out there. My favorite is \"Nashville High Strung Guitars\"...they have a great sound.

I use a combination of Virtual Guitarist (original and electric edition), NTONYX Fleta guitar, and BiggaGigga\'s Acoustic Essentials 6 and twelve string.

I also use iZotope\'s Trash plug-in, and can get some scary-cool results. I\'ll be posting some things in that ilk after NAMM. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

For acoustic and electric archtop jazz guitars you may want to check out the \"Vintage Jazz Guitars and Tenor Banjos\" collection from Bardstown Audio. There are many demos on the demo page of our web site.

Kip McGinnis
    Bardstown Audio
    www.bardstownaudio.com

I have Virtual Guitarist Electric Edition and it\'s veryu good for Rhythym work a good variety of rhythym patterns, chords, and electric guitar sounds. Also has adjustable settings for how quantized the playing is, so it can sound pretty real. Nice selection of effects included.

Go Back to forum