• Register
  • Help

Topic: "In My Own Notes" - my compositions 1995-2003, newly recorded

Share/Bookmark

"In My Own Notes" - my compositions 1995-2003, newly recorded

Dear friends,

I would like to invite you to listen to my newly released album "In My Own Notes".

https://virtualphilharmonic.bandcamp...n-my-own-notes

These are all my own compositions which wrote 1995-2003, using MIDI and synths that were around that time. Now, in November 2013 I have taken the time to edit them and rerecord them, using exclusively Garritan Personal Orchestra 4, which is still my staple sound library. While the original recordings were just capturing the structure of the composition, I have now tried to also make a performance out of them, with all what the library has to offer.

Listening and also downloading of all the music there is for free. The £1 for "downloading the album" gives the dedicated listener 6 additional bonus tracks of some of the same music, recorded with different sounds 1999-2003.

I wish you all a happy holiday season and the very best for the New Year 2014!

Reinhold

Re: "In My Own Notes" - my compositions 1995-2003, newly recorded

Reinhold! There is a lot of music here. For now I have just sampled a few with the intent on giving them all a good listen. I find it hard to believe that you got that much good sound out of GPO. The render is very good on the little that I have heard so far. Thanks for posting. Jay

Thank you very much, Jay!

I have treated these compositions like a "performance", trying as much as possible "live play" and live modulating with controller #1 through the mod wheel, in the same way I did it for my usual classical music renditions.

Wonderful project, reinhold. You've made me quite envious - I was working with MIDI way back then also, but I no longer have any MIDI files older than 5 years or so. I used a hardware sequencer, floppy discs - Some I could still rescue, MAjor project it would be.

I guess you know that by default, selection #6 comes up first at the top of the page. I went below and selected the first one, so I could start at the beginning - "Gloomy"---well titled!--Beautifully gloomy though, and smartly rendered.

This is fantastic - Thanks for making it all available to us.

Randy

Hi Randy,

yes, I am very glad to have preserved those old MIDI files. I also started with a hardware sequencer in 1993, Yamaha SQ-16, which I still have, and I have a few floppy disks with MIDI files on them. But I did copy them to a PC around 1994, and from then on I worked with MIDI soundcards on software sequencers. My oldest MIDI file does have an original file stamp of 1995...

I did specifically select the file #6, "Elegia", to be the first one to play, because I think it is more positive than the "Gloomy" and also because I consider it more advanced than the "Romantic Suite"; but I have now changed this order and start the play of the album with #1, to have the music played in the right order.

Thank you for giving this a listen!

Reinhold... did you really re-record all that stuff? Amazing, must have been quite a hard (and long) job.

I gave a listen to Elegia, Gloomy, and now I am listening to Tristan, Sigfried and Isolde which seems absolutely impressive to me. Such a thick texture, rich but so much in control.... magical, actually.

Congratulations!

Fabry

.. and Mirage is also acquainted. Beautiful. There a certain "Ravel" quality to your music. Certainly welcome, I love his works.

Again, thanks for posting this.

Fab

Go Back to forum