• Register
  • Help

Topic: My last post on this topic, I swear: SOV vs. VOTA

Share/Bookmark

My last post on this topic, I swear: SOV vs. VOTA

OK.. last post, really [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I\'m trying to decide between Symphony of Voices and Voices of the Apocalypse.

what I need is a good, really rich & full sounding choir. It\'s gotta have men & women isolated, and men & women\'s choir together (full choir). Also, it would be nice (but not necessary) to have all the ohhs, ahhs, oohs, mms. I know i\'ve said that before. What I failed to mention is that I need a choir library that can perform well with slow pieces as well as fast pieces.

So.. last call for recommendations on this one. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Thanks a bunch!

Re: My last post on this topic, I swear: SOV vs. VOTA

Ahem, I\'d suggest you should get both...
    not much of a supporting reply, though...

For faster pieces you will have not much options with SoV (you will even have to do some editing yourself for that). VotA is better suited for shorter notes.

I have both and really only use SoV for Boy\'s Choir (still the only good one out). While SoV is good for slower passages, I still think that Vota \'can\' do that and so much more (word forming utility, etc.)

As far as creating \'energy\' with your choir parts, the Vota has you covered as well. I must clarify that I have the Akai version of SoV (I read here and there that the Roland version was by far the best.) So caveat emptor on my comments - hope they help, though.

Bottom line - if I only had dough for one I\'d buy VoTa. Nuno will be finished with his utility in January which sounds like a HUGE improvement in ease of use, flexiblity, etc.

Rob

Apparently with a lot of custom programming you can make SOV sound a lot better than say that Akai S-Converted version. eg: Fast attacks, crossfades, release samples, keyswitching... and SOV is very cool anyway!

but yeah... i would get both, but personally I think SOV is a must have.

Just gonna chime in and say that VotA, imo, is the best choice if you want flexibility for male and female choirs. If you don\'t need the boys, go for VotA.

Go Back to forum