• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: The Official GigaSTUDIO 3.0 Brochure

Share/Bookmark

The Official GigaSTUDIO 3.0 Brochure

With Tascam\'s permission, Truespec Systems presents the official GigaStudio brochure.

http://www.truespec.com/downloads/pdf/gigastudio/GigaStudio3.pdf

Re: The Official GigaSTUDIO 3.0 Brochure

old news, we saw that already in the other GS3 thread [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Peter, do you happen to know if GST 3\'s memory management under XP is now much improved, comparable to what we could get with GST 2.5 under Windows 98?

I think a serious update like this really deserves a solid platform, but I am still afraid that it cannot circumvent XP\'s policies for \"fair\" memory allocation between apps and the OS requirements.

Giga 3 memory management is a little better. But you can only load only 1.5 GB in memory. This is a limitation as it was programmed in kernel mode. Kernel mode only allows a total of 2 GB of memory. The other 512 MB is used by Windows XP.

Originally posted by Simon Ravn:
    Peter, how many years of warranty on the PDF? And what kind of service do you provide on it? Any chance of on-site repair if I experience trouble with it?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Which Peter are you talking to? If you mean Truespec, our warranties are for the US, parts of Canada and South America, but not Europe.

Is the memory management any different for Windows 2000?

Thanks for the brochure, Peter269.

Just a quick note to others: call me a momma\'s boy, but saying \"please\" and \"thank you\" every now and then never hurt nobody.

Just my 2 Euros.

Luck to all
    Heath

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

pansy

A pansy?! How dare you!

I\'ll have you know I\'m an Englishman, sir, and thus a stuck-up, arrogant, poverty-striken, dilitante. But a pansy? Never!

You are obviously confusing me with Lee (\"I\'m just a pansy\") Harvey Oswald.

[img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Heath

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

hmmm, not sure how I feel about seeing a picture of a guy getting assassinated on the forums....
    Even though I hate him for taking away so much from us all, not sure if posting pictures of the guy being murdered is something I consider funny or amusing.

That\'s just my opinion btw.
    If it\'s ok to put up a picture of him being shot even though it\'s been edited, (that\'s clearly the point where he got shot), what\'s next ?

Franky
    Vintaudio

Go Back to forum