• Register
  • Help

Topic: mahler

hey, i heard someone mention mahler and came across a research project I did a few years ago that I thoug some people here would get a kick out of. I arranged the first movement of mahler 5 for xylophone, french horn, piano, and percussion.

i\'m playing the xylo part, my dear mother is playing the piano, a good friend of mine from high school is playing the french horn and the percussionist is currently playing with the Honolulu Symphony.
    it\'s located here:
    web page
    hope you all enjoy. it\'s an arrangement that makes me laugh and maybe it\'ll spark a discussion.

I aplogize for the sound quality, i only had $500 to produce an entire CD.

devin maxwell

Re: mahler

Eh, Mahler\'s Fifth with a xylophone? That must sound very distinctive.

*lol* reminds me of the glorious days of silent films music [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

But done very well anyway

I downloaded the Mp3 file, very beautifull and very well done!! I\'m impressed.
    Up to \'Stürmisch bewegt, mit grösster vehemenz\'.

_Up to \'Stürmisch bewegt, mit grösster vehemenz\'.

Yeah, I was going to finish and do the whole symphony, but I haven\'t gotten around to it.

Glad you guys like it.

I have another piece loosely based on Mahler 2 for chamber orchestra which is also pretty funny, but it\'s too big to put on my Geocities site and I\'m too broke to afford any real hosting.

devin maxwell

Go Back to forum