• Register
  • Help

Topic: Flash tutorials needed for new libs and progs

Share/Bookmark

Flash tutorials needed for new libs and progs

Looking at the new G3, I was struck by the potential complexity of it. Another learning curve to climb! A great music tool in the medium/long term, but a frustration to music creation in the short.

I would urgently ask all programme and sample library developers to think about creating a set of downloadable Flash tutorials for your products. They are the easiest way to learn a complicated new programme and would work well for sample libs too.

What do you all think?

Luck to you
    Heath

Re: Flash tutorials needed for new libs and progs

I\'m bumping this because I think it\'s worth trying to catch the eye of a few developers.

Excuse my impudence.
    Heath

Hm, don\'t mind me to ask - why Flash?

Actually any kind of animated, visual tutorial would do, preferably accompanied by a voice-over.

I find such tutorials to be far less open to misinterpretation, unlike the written word of a user manual.

Heath

Here\'s a quote from the VSL forum by Dave Govett:
    \"I will do another tutorial for 3.0. If you have the current one, well make sure to offer an upgrade path. The current one will get you 80-90 percent there because many things work the same, just better and quicker.\" Dave and Kevin\'s last tutorial was very well done and came as a four CD set.

They are coming for other libs too...

Alan, that\'s good to know - I think, from your associations, I know which libraries you mean. Good luck to them. I hope others follow suit.

Craig, I tried to find the Dave Govett CD tutorial on the Giga/Nemesys/Tascam (whatever they\'re calling it these days) site, but couldn\'t find it.

As I\'m getting GS3 in the Spring, I\'d love to know where I can get some info about the tutorial. Anyone have a link?

Cheers
    Heath

Go Back to forum