• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: New Garritan Make Music Forums Are Up

Share/Bookmark

New Garritan Make Music Forums Are Up

Well, this is a surprise.

The new Garritan Forums are live. I've just posted there.

Apparently we all have to register again. We can't use our existing logins and we restart our posts count.

The New Garritan Forums
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Re: New Garritan Make Music Forums Are Up

Well now - There it is! Glad you discovered it, Michael. We could have gone for some time without even knowing about it, since there's now zero communication between MM and Gary's Forum here.

Your link didn't work. Here it is:

Garritan Forum at Make Music

Randy

Well, I guess from the information required at the MM site, I won't be allowed to participate in Gary's new Forum. I have entered my MM registration number and the password I used for all MM sales/support and I keep getting the message that I have entered the wrong User Name/Password. I don't like to play games.......

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

I signed up and posted. I suggest everyone does the same. From Gary's first post of greeting, he seems to be indicating that he feels the MM Forum replaces this one - buuuut, I don't think that's the case.

Randy

Oddly, my support account and password got me on to the new forum without incident. I did have my password reset on an unrelated issue a few months ago (my email was hacked, leading to much confusion all 'round), so perhaps a recent password was the key? Who knows. Either way, I am in and have posted.

We await results.
    Cheers,

Kevin F..

KM Frye- (SOCAN)
    Music Director- Four Seasons Musical Theatre- 2016

Bella Vista Studios
    Canada

GPO4, JABB3, Garritan World Inst, REAPER, Roland VS2480 DAW

Quote Originally Posted by Rhap2 View Post
    Well, I guess from the information required at the MM site, I won't be allowed to participate in Gary's new Forum. I have entered my MM registration number and the password I used for all MM sales/support and I keep getting the message that I have entered the wrong User Name/Password. I don't like to play games.......

Jack
    Hello Jack,

You have to register a new account for this new Garritan forums even though you already have a MakeMusic account.

I also have a MakeMusic (Finale) account but this will not log me in, I had to register a new account.

I'm sure if you do this everything will be fine.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_uk View Post
    ...You have to register a new account for this new Garritan forums even though you already have a MakeMusic account...
    Correct. I first signed in with my MM info, then needed to create a user name for using at the Forum.

I want everyone to remember that in recent posts from PaPaChalk, he made no indication of closing down and ending this Forum. He has thousands of visitors every day at Northern Sounds, and he's extremely aware of the importance this collection of Forums has.

MakeMusic has a new Forum started, and that's great, but what they're saying about this one no longer being supported doesn't mean anything, because they never did "support" this Forum. There are posts at MM, including the one Gary Garritan posted yesterday, which indicate they won't be interacting at all, and will carry on as if this Forum doesn't exist.

That's fine - They can do and say whatever they want. But this Forum, with its 12 year history of music and other posts is still here. It's still here to be visited and as a place for interacting with other Garritan users.

This Forum of ours here at NS is Not our "former residency"--- The only way it would become that is if we let it become that.

Randy

Thank you Michael. I am now a new member of the new Garritan Forum.

Randy: NS will always have a place in my heart as it is the place where I met so many wonderful people that create music and also the place where I received my entire sampled music education to include my current DAW (Digital Performer). Wonderful Forum and so full of great memories. I can't see it ending anytime soon.

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Hey Randy, are you still not getting notifications of replies? They seem to have started up again for me about two weeks back, but I forgot to mention it until just now....
    Cheers,

Kevin F..

KM Frye- (SOCAN)
    Music Director- Four Seasons Musical Theatre- 2016

Bella Vista Studios
    Canada

GPO4, JABB3, Garritan World Inst, REAPER, Roland VS2480 DAW

I am with Randy. I started here and it has been a very great place and also met a lot of great people. NS Forum is the forum that I recognize. I do wish the best of luck for the other MM forum though (at least they finally got something up), but NS forum is personally my home .

Regards,

Richard

Go Back to forum