• Register
  • Help

Topic: FinaleForum.com- is it gone?

Share/Bookmark

FinaleForum.com- is it gone?

I just spent a frustrating 30 minutes attempting to log in to the "other" Finale Forum (finaleforum dot com), where I have been a participant since 2008.

At first, I as told my password was no good. After confirming my password was indeed entered properly, and got another message that it was wrong.

So I bit the bullet, and clicked on the "forgot password?" button. Then came the mild shock-

The forum told me in nice red letters that I could not request a password reset because my account had not been activated yet. Four years, nearly 60 posts, which still show in the various topics (I checked) under my userID, but my account is not activated?

How odd.

So, I thought maybe I should just re-register, but it seems my username and email are both already in use in the Forum (this is easy to learn; register under a new name with the same email, then try again with your "old" one and another email. If both come up as "already in use", you're sunk).

I cannot be me.

So I will be the "other" me. I tried once more, using both my non-registered email and a totally new screen name.

And was told that I have to await the review of one of the moderators, or I can contact one of the Admins for further assistance.

Catch 22

Non-members are not able to contact moderators or Admins: "You must be registered and logged in to perform this action".

I note that there are no members currently logged in to any of the pages on that forum, just a couple of bots. Also, there have been no new posts since the 3rd. I wonder if it's in the process of being taken down to be replaced by the new MM iteration?

Anyone else been on that forum of late?

(UPDATE- I heard back from MM within seconds of my query to them. They say it's not their site and they are not involved in the running thereof. So that's one possible answer eliminated)y
    Last edited by BVstudios; 12-06-2013 at 04:15 PM. Reason: UPDATE
    Cheers,

Kevin F..

KM Frye- (SOCAN)
    Music Director- Four Seasons Musical Theatre- 2016

Bella Vista Studios
    Canada

GPO4, JABB3, Garritan World Inst, REAPER, Roland VS2480 DAW

Re: FinaleForum.com- is it gone?

Quote Originally Posted by BVstudios View Post

(UPDATE- I heard back from MM within seconds of my query to them. They say it's not their site and they are not involved in the running thereof. So that's one possible answer eliminated)
    Whaaat? If it's not their Forum, whose is it?-- You mean this one?-- I just looked in on it, seems to be working, but I didn't post there:

Finale Forum

Randy

OH, I see--Paying better attention, I see you're talking about a Forum that indeed is independent of Make Music--Finale is the topic, but has nothing to do with the company. The link I posted is to the actual Finale Forum at MM - Confusing.

Now - I don't know how to help with that, sorry.

Randy

Actually, not that one. Its working fine.

This one:

http://www.finaleforum.com

It still comes up when you click on it, but there's something amiss.

EDIT- and I replied at the same moment you did (4:07)...
    Cheers,

Kevin F..

KM Frye- (SOCAN)
    Music Director- Four Seasons Musical Theatre- 2016

Bella Vista Studios
    Canada

GPO4, JABB3, Garritan World Inst, REAPER, Roland VS2480 DAW

Go Back to forum