• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: New Version of Stylus

Share/Bookmark

Re: New Version of Stylus

Seems like they do have an upgrade path. This is from their press release:

An upgrade program for existing Stylus users will also be part of Spectrasonics launch of Stylus RMX. The upgrade policy will be the same in all regions of the International market and will be offered directly through Spectrasonics. Current registered Stylus users will be able to upgrade to Stylus RMX for $99. New Stylus users who registered Stylus for the first time after January 1st, 2004, are automatically eligible for a FREE upgrade from Stylus to Stylus RMX. All registered Stylus users will be notified directly via email when the upgrade is available in September.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">

Hi,

Yes, they will offer an upgrade. Reading on their website, all of the original Stylus grooves are included in the package as well. I believe that I also read that you\'ll be able to import existing Groove Control Libraries. Pretty cool IMHO.

FV

Good that\'s great. I didn\'t read through it because I thought that introduction sounded so suspicious that I doubted there would be any upgrade path. But thats good news!!

Upgrade path is $99.00 for current Stylus users.
    If it enables us to import other groove control libraries, this is gonna be a killer module [img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Damnit, I was hoping for some new VST Instruments. Is this it? That\'s not what my crystal ball told me.

------------
    Alex Cremers

Originally posted by Ned Bouhalassa:
    Looks goooood:

http://www.spectrasonics.net/stylusRMXteaser/index.html
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Unless my eyes deceive me, is that not a \"Sync\" button off to the left? Excellent...could one for Atmosphere be not far off?

Maybe Eric is just whetting our appetites...perhaps there will be more surprises in the days to come?

Originally posted by Alexcremers:
    Damnit, I was hoping for some new VST Instruments. Is this it? That\'s not what my crystal ball told me.

------------
    Alex Cremers
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I think something\'s gone awry somewhere [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

I was expecting all kinds of exciting new plugs and now suddenly they\'ve abandoned the UVI engine by the look of it and there won\'t be anything new until September.

Hi Dave,

It\'s possible. However, many times at NAMM, companies stretch out their announcements over days rather than blow them off on the first day. This way people can keep talking about them during the entire NAMM show rather than the first day and then move on to discussing some other company\'s product.

If there is no announcement tomorrow then it will most likely be that this is it. However, I highly doubt it even though Spectrasonics is a small company. Eric has been saying for awhile that they have some exciting things to announce..

Any way you look at it though, I think any other new products will be a ways off. I doubt that they would have announced a product that is 9 months away if they had a product that was only weeks away.

FV

Yeah and they seem very eager to justify that this is not an upgrade to the current Stylus...the \"brand new virtual instrument\"... that\'s a bit disappointing that they use the same name but prolly won\'t offer an upgrade path for existing customers of Stylus. Correct me if I am wrong, Eric...

Go Back to forum