• Register
  • Help

Topic: SPECTRASONICS - Plugin troubles

SPECTRASONICS - Plugin troubles

I\'m working in Michael Giacchino\'s studio and we\'re trying to set up the Spectrasonics plugins on his new Mac G5. They worked on his G4 under MacOS X, but for some reason, every way I go about installing it doesn\'t seem to work. It won\'t even recognize the plugins. I\'ve downloaded all the recent updates and it still won\'t work. I thought the problem might be that Apple released an update to MacOSX Jaguar to upgrade it to 10.3.something, but I wasn\'t sure if that would be the problem. Is there any way you could get back to me anytime soon? I had called a few days ago, but never got a reply, and we\'re a little panicked because we need the plugins.

Chad Seiter

Re: SPECTRASONICS - Plugin troubles

I think right now he\'s personally building the Spectrasonics stand at the NAMM.

Alex Cremers

Re: SPECTRASONICS - Plugin troubles

My Spectrasonics plugs are working fine in Panther 10.3.2. Make sure you are installing the correct plugin version (AU, RTAS, whatever) using the installers on the website. And make sure the plugin file goes into the correct directory for your sequencer. For example, the AU plugin goes into the Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components directory.

The OSX CD joiner needs to be used to create the .dat file. And you need at least an alias to that file in the directory where you put your plugin.

I hope that helps.

Go Back to forum