• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Topic: "Alexander's Brass/Wind Band"

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    "Alexander's Brass/Wind Band"

    Y'all,

    This is my "Alexander's Brass/Wind Band".

    I first posted it five years ago here on this forum.

    Instrumentation: Two trumpets and one each "French" horn, 'bone, tuba, flute, oboe, Bb clarinet and bassoon.

    Don't go to sleep during the first part. Things pick up at the 01:50 mark.

    Regards to everyone,

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  2. #2

    Re: "Alexander's Brass/Wind Band"

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander View Post
    ...Don't go to sleep during the first part. Things pick up at the 01:50 mark...
    Very enjoyable, Larry. No way could I "go to sleep during the first part" - That elegant opening section is my favorite section. Of course the more light-hearted B section through to the end is very fun. Applause!

    Randy

  3. #3

    Re: "Alexander's Brass/Wind Band"

    Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Very enjoyable, Larry. No way could I "go to sleep during the first part" - That elegant opening section is my favorite section. Of course the more light-hearted B section through to the end is very fun. Applause!

    Randy

    Thanks for havin' a listen, Mister Random.

    I rather enjoy writing for ensembles. There are almost an endless number of different instrument combinations with which to work.

    Stay warm up there in the cooolllld great NorthWest.

    Best,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  4. #4

    Re: "Alexander's Brass/Wind Band"

    LARRRRRRRYYYYYYYYY!!! Another composition of great enjoyment. Ahh, the brass, the winds, the music... this is a very classical sounding piece. It is happy and positive. Although, you said not to sleep... I did not sleep, IT KEPT ME AWAKE LARRY!!! How am I suppose to go to work tomorrow? It's 4:18 AM... The music was good, but it kept me awake... the loss of sleep... What am I to do???

    Great stuff BRUTHA!!! Your Cold Canadian EH friend,

    Richard

  5. #5

    Re: "Alexander's Brass/Wind Band"

    Quote Originally Posted by sururick View Post
    LARRRRRRRYYYYYYYYY!!! Another composition of great enjoyment. Ahh, the brass, the winds, the music... this is a very classical sounding piece. It is happy and positive. Although, you said not to sleep... I did not sleep, IT KEPT ME AWAKE LARRY!!! How am I suppose to go to work tomorrow? It's 4:18 AM... The music was good, but it kept me awake... the loss of sleep... What am I to do???

    Great stuff BRUTHA!!! Your Cold Canadian EH friend,

    Richard
    Take a long nap when you get to your workplace. That should solve your problem.

    Thanks for listening and replying.

    Best,

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  6. #6

    Re: "Alexander's Brass/Wind Band"

    Good job, old bean! I loved the antiphony. Thanks for sharing with us.
    Owen
    __________________________________________________ _________________
    My website: www.tunespace.net

  7. #7

    Re: "Alexander's Brass/Wind Band"

    Quote Originally Posted by englishgent View Post
    Good job, old bean! I loved the antiphony. Thanks for sharing with us.
    Owen

    ...and thank YOU, Britisher chap, for your comment. (Are you an Americaner now?)

    My best to you, you old tea-sipper you.

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  8. #8

    Re: "Alexander's Brass/Wind Band"

    Hey Larry (said Fab after having listened to Owen's and Richard's pieces), there must be something wrong with your composition: there's no water noise in it!

    Come on, the intro section is classy!
    I've always loved this kinds of "round robin" orchestration, with instruments sharing loads and roles being widely distributed among them and always swapped. It is as you say: "there are endless possibilities".
    Thematic development is "a la Alexander". Kind of a trademark. Should probably say "a guarantee".

    Hey... I am perfectly aware I am talking to Canadians and "North westerns"... but it is freezing to death here, too. Yesterday we saw a few snow flakes... right in the middle of the MEDITERRANEAN SEA! I can assure you that this does not happen so often.

    Thanks for sharing this, Larry.

    Fab

  9. #9

    Re: "Alexander's Brass/Wind Band"

    Quote Originally Posted by sec2 View Post
    Hey Larry (said Fab after having listened to Owen's and Richard's pieces), there must be something wrong with your composition: there's no water noise in it!

    Come on, the intro section is classy!
    I've always loved this kinds of "round robin" orchestration, with instruments sharing loads and roles being widely distributed among them and always swapped. It is as you say: "there are endless possibilities".
    Thematic development is "a la Alexander". Kind of a trademark. Should probably say "a guarantee".

    Hey... I am perfectly aware I am talking to Canadians and "North westerns"... but it is freezing to death here, too. Yesterday we saw a few snow flakes... right in the middle of the MEDITERRANEAN SEA! I can assure you that this does not happen so often.

    Thanks for sharing this, Larry.

    Fab

    Thank you, Mister Fab, for your nice comments.

    Live long and prosper!

    Best,

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  10. #10

    Re: "Alexander's Brass/Wind Band"

    Heck, I thought the introductory material was perfect for what follows (didn't sleep a wink).

    A most enjoyable piece, Larry! The agility and good humor in it are quite well done, as is the use of textural contrast.

    Best,


    David
    ====
    David Sosnowski
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •