• Register
  • Help

Topic: Anyone heard or played the new Gigapiano?

Share/Bookmark

Anyone heard or played the new Gigapiano?

Apparently it\'s a Kawai instead of the original Yamaha. To me, the first demos will say a lot about what Giga3 can do.

Re: Anyone heard or played the new Gigapiano?

Hi Jake, I cannot be sure, but I think that the Gigapiano 2 is not out yet... since it is included in the new GigaStudio 3.0 (which has not been put on the market yet, either) Just a guess... but I think that Tascam will most likely offer the new \"Gigapiano2\" at about the same time that GS3 is available. (my personal opinion is that Gigapiano sounds okay at lower velocity... but kinda looses it\'s tonal quality at higher velocities). The new Gigapiano 2 will hopefully sound much better than the original. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Gary

Apparently it\'s a Kawai instead of the original Yamaha.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Dang, no crying smiley handy [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

-René

Well, I like Kawais...

With your typical NAMM dueling \'Stairway to Heaven\' guitar solos in the very next booth - I doubt if any of our NS attendees got a good listen to the piano.

Anyone who went to the show listen to the Piano on headphones?

Rob

I just got back and got a pretty good demo of it - the piano sounded pretty bright - good for pop and rock type of stuff.

Giga 3 was pretty impressive. The Gigapulse built in resonance and verb were cool - the guy was running it out into a surround monitoring system and it was pretty amazing. Having an EQ and compresssor on each channel was also very cool. He also said that it\'ll ship with 5 DVD\'s of sound CD\'s - which is awesome - I always felt that Giga should have shipped with more built in sounds. Anyway, they said April for a ship date and $200 to upgrade - I\'m very excited after seeing it in action.

Jeff

> \"He also said that it\'ll ship with 5 DVD\'s of sound CD\'s\"

Killer! I wish that were the case back when I bought 2.0.

With a strong piano, other various samples that I ain\'t got, and some nice impulses, a $200-ish upgrade price is a no-brainer. Heck, a nice piano alone often costs that much.

With the lid blown off of the previous velocity/stereo/keyswitch/layer limitations, libraries are likely to grow to huge sizes. Heck, Worra\'s already doing 32 velocity layers in the White Piano. We\'ll be getting our libraries on Blu-Ray discs and copying them to our hard drive arrays before long!

Originally posted by Jake Johnson:
    Apparently it\'s a Kawai instead of the original Yamaha.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">What?! A Kawai? Ka-WHY?

Go Back to forum