• Register
  • Help

Topic: Something new (for me) with Dimension Pro

Something new (for me) with Dimension Pro

I just finished redoing my old desktop, trying to breathe a little more life into it. Replaced the hard drive with one of those new Solid State Drives. Everything working smoother than ever, especially when it comes to loading ARIA files. Loads much, much faster. Which is what was unexpected in a good way. After I'd installed all of the Garritan Libraries and Finale, I installed Sonar X2 Producer. What I didn't expect to see in my ARIA player was Dimension Pro. I must have missed something somewhere. I sure didn't expect to see this:

I am certainly not complaining. It's nice to have an extra library while using Finale. I'll be anxious to try it with Sonar as well.

Gary A.
    Serenity Musician (Gary A.)

HP Pavilion Elite, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, 12 gig ram, 1 terabyte hd., E-MU 0404, Korg K61, Finale 2012, Sonar X2 Producer

Re: Something new (for me) with Dimension Pro

Isn't that cool, Gary? It's been that way for awhile, but I remember on a previous thread or two that it was a more obscure ARIA feature than I realized. Unless some option isn't chosen during installation, then linking Dim to ARIA gets skipped--Something like that.

As cool as it is, when you're working in Sonar, you'll probably still want to open Dim separately so you have all those powerful tools available in the GUI. Things are a bit limited when you open the instruments through ARIA.

Sounds like it should be handy for Finale though.

Go Back to forum