• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: VSL Soprano Demo

Re: VSL Soprano Demo

Hey Alan,

Awesome demo.... Almost enough to tide me over till my own copy arrives! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Love the piano style/technique through the piece, especially the intro.

And the sop sax was just yummy, definately no \"cheese factor.\"

All the best,

Ben H

You never cease to amaze me with your composition and performance work!

This melody is beautiful and soothing to the soul, and the VSL soprano Sax is stunning!

Many thanks to Herb and his Vienna Symphonic Orchestra team for producing such beautiful instruments!

Kip McGinnis
    Bardstown Audio

The melody is indeed the strength of the whole composition! The sax sounds awesome as well.

Nice nice nice!

Hey Alan!

Wonderful composition! Very aptly named as well I think!

This vsl soprano sounds a bit better than the vsl tenor does.

Probably cause the soprano tone is a bit more cold and rigid in general than a tenor.

I don\'t know what kind of articulations this thing has, but maybe if you have a patch with the vibrato blooming into the note, as opposed to the vibrato occuring as soon as the note is played, it would help the realism of it 1000x.

Also, maybe a sus with no vibrato on the shorter notes, as a real player wouldn\'t bother with vibrato on quarter notes even really.

The only other thing giving it away is variation on attack time of the notes. On some of those longer sustained notes, you might sneak into the note, as opposed to the shorter phrases where you need to attack quickly.

Maybe if there are \'taa\' sounds of tounging that could help on the longer stuff too.

Right now it sounds like someone who has good technique, but is terrified to be on stage is playing the horn.

Overall EXCELLENT composition and sound tho.

Sounds great Alan.

You must have had Kenny G playing that one doing his circular breathing trick. No breaths.

-- Martin

Nice writing Alan. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

About the soprano track, your player probably collapsed once the song was over for lack of breathing [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    Some breathing room would definetely help the realism of the soprano track...

Martin, you beat me to it [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Great work! Very, very nice.

> \"Right now it sounds like someone who has good technique, but is terrified to be on stage is playing the horn.\"

Personally, I liked the feeling of restraint in this piece. I think the use of a single articulation supported the playing technique in this regard. It suited the mood nicely.

If you can make a sax sound like this - ( www.aaronsapp.com/schnyder_sax.mp3 ) - I\'ll buy it instantaneously. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I like the fact that the sax DOESN\'T come out guns blazing!

And I don\'t think that it was fake sounding because of a lack of breath. The sax melody is playable even WITHOUT using circular-breathing for someone who has worked on their diapragm control.

Ben H

Go Back to forum